We Spy With Our Little Eye, Beauty Must-Haves This July!
We're saving a spot in our vanities, purses, and showers for these items!
Beauty lovers, all eyes on these products!
With the start of a new month comes a ton of fun stuff to explore for all your pampering needs from head to toe. Below, we highlight some of the things we'd love to try out and experience for ourselves, so be sure to take note of what's new in the market!
Christian Dior's Eden-Roc
The thing about a good fragrance is that it's not only a smell. It's a stimulus.
What separates something that simply smells good from a well-crafted fragrance is how it energizes other senses; a spritz of your favorite perfume can elicit images of places of beauty, rouse powerful emotions, and even bring back memories.
With this in mind, perfumer François Demachy worked with Maison Christian Dior to bring us something that does all this in more, all neatly preserved and served to us in a neat little bottle of their newest fragrance, Eden-Roc.
The fragrance's main inspiration is none other than the French Riviera; visitors of the Mediterranean jewel are enveloped by sun, salt, sand, sea, and a host of sights to behold. The perfume that captures this experience concentrates on representing the most stunning things about the location—its warmth, sunniness, and pine-scented beach breeze. Eden-Roc isn't a bold perfume, but that's not to say that it doesn't make its presence felt to those surrounding its wearer. (As they say, one drop of this perfume, and you're able to say you're dressed in Dior).
What Eden-Roc is is a winning combination of jasmine, coconut, rockrose, herby mastic, and if your nose is sharp enough, you'll notice a bit of ocean spray, too.
Available at SM Aura.
We couldn't just one item from Aesop, and really, if you've ever had the chance to try—nay, indulge—in any of their offerings for hands, body, bath time, and beyond, you'll know exactly what we mean.
This July, we're bringing the focus back to this Australian-founded brand that was pretty much made to fulfill all our pandemic body care wishes. The beauty of Aesop is that it has much, if not all, of what you need when you think of body or skincare.
More time at home means our every day rituals could use a little elevating, and what better way to do that than check out a brand who's mission it is is to make the mundane much, much more meaningful. Their dizzying array of luxurious products includes hair care items, body scrubs and cleansers, everything you need for the face beginning from soaps and exfoliants to balms and oils, deodorizers, and even kits that curate product combs for specific skin needs.
Some of what we think are perfect for quarantine-weary folks include:
- The Reverence Duet (This is a combo of a specially concocted, lightly exfoliating hand wash and hand balm to moisturize—both super aromatic)
- The Geranium Leaf Body cleanser (Interestingly, here's a multi-use product that you can enjoy as a lather in the shower, an alternative to bath gels for a long soak in the tub, or a luxurious hand wash)
- Parsley seed anti-oxidant eye serum (Do you need reminding of how tired your/our eyes have become from so much screen time?)
- Fabulous Face Oil (With all the nourishing powers of face oil, not a lot of people use it because it can take a while to absorb and our humid weather does nothing to help that process. Now that we're at home and don't have to be in a hurry to layer on makeup over skincare products, this can finally get the attention it deserves).
Log on to aesopskincare.ph
Alright, so Zalora's brand new Z-Live isn't exactly a beauty brand, but hear us out.
You will be able to shop for beauty brands carried by Zalora, albeit in a whole new way. On the Zalora app, whenever there are Z-Live shows, you can watch performances and listen to hosts' fun banter with featured guests and shop for shoppable content at the same time! The first Z-Live episode was streamed on June 30, so make sure to follow Zalora for updates on the next episodes and what they'll be focusing on.
Every episode will be 30 minutes to an hour long, and will represent five of Zalora's shopping categories—and that includes beauty!
Zalora's Z-Live segment is called Beauty Files, and it'll dish out content focusing on these topics:
- The newest beauty and skincare products in the market, ending in a definitive guide for beauty addict must-haves
- Beauty tips and makeup techniques
- Engaging discussions on ingredients to watch out for in beauty and skincare products and why you should be paying attention to them
Plus, there's always a Q&A section to round things off, so you can always ask your own questions in case you've got something else on your mind. Download the Zalora app now!