This Eyelash & Nail Salon Could Be Your Next Fave Pampering Spot
Check out the new Tokyo Glam in Mitsukoshi Mall to get your eyelash extension and gel nail fix, done with the well-known Japanese quality stamp
It's been more than two weeks since I had my eyelash extensions at this salon and yet my lashes are still intact. For lash addicts like me, it's always a delight to discover new places from where you can get this beauty fix: enter the new branch of Tokyo Glam in Mitsukoshi Mall in BGC, Taguig. The brand has been around for three years, and this latest branch is their third.
Tokyo Glam's new location couldn't have been more apt, as the Japanese nail and lash artistry it offers is a perfect fit in the first Japanese mall in the Philippines. It's no secret that the Japanese standard, whether in products or services, is top-notch; so, this factor alone can easily give you a hint on what to expect from this new beauty hub, as well as its two other branches in Ayala Malls Manila Bay in Aseana City and SOMA (South of Market) also in BGC.
Getting one's lashes and nails done is a perennial favorite pampering activity of many Filipinas, making them such timeless beauty trends. During the peak of the pandemic, especially, when wearing masks has put the focus on the eyes, eyelash extensions have become so much more popular.
But while many have become instant fans of the procedure, some are also hesitant to try it, as they're worried about whether the procedure itself is painful, or if the lashes are heavy, or if getting the extensions would ruin their natural lashes. All these are valid, but as someone who regularly gets eyelash extensions, I've been fortunate to not have had any bad experience with them. Thankfully, with a reliable salon like Tokyo Glam, I can sustain my love for eyelash extensions, worry-free. And if you've always wanted to try it, too, I say go for it, especially this season of holiday parties.
What I like about Tokyo Glam's Volume Lash procedure is that the lash extensions give that coveted fuller yet natural-looking volumized lashes, but they're so lightweight it doesn't feel like you're wearing extensions. And I think, based on my experience, that could be a part of the reason why they stay on longer—it's because, for me, your natural lashes can support their weight and therefore prevent the natural strands from breaking and the extensions from falling out quickly. They're easy to maintain, too; I just comb them once everyday with a lash brush.
The technician that put my extensions was skillful and, even when my eyes were closed, I could tell it from the way she was very gentle with applying them. The procedure was done in just about an hour, which is a real treat for women on-the-go.
When asked what makes their lashes special, owner Michelle Ann Takijama told Metro.Style: "First, Tokyo Glam is really an authentic Japanese eyelash and nail salon. We actually have one Japanese lash artist and one for nails; they go around the branches, they have specific schedules if you really want an appointment with our Japanese artists. Our products and techniques are 100 percent from Japan. We do have, of course, Filipino technicians who are trained by the Japanese… I think that's the difference because when you say Japan, [it's synonymous with] quality."
But these quality products and services won't be appreciated as much if the salon itself doesn't exude a welcoming ambiance that instantly puts a client at ease. At Tokyo Glam in Mitsukoshi Mall, specifically, Michelle's preference for the dainty, feminine aesthetic lends the perfect jump-off point for a lovely pampering spot that'll truly put one in the mood to relax and get glammed up.
Aside from eyelash extensions, Tokyo Glam also offers the following services:
- Keratin Lash List - It's ideal for lengthening, nourishing, strengthening, and curling the natural lashes. The keratin helps keep your lashes longer and stronger for eight whole weeks.
- Glam Lashes - This is a two-in-one eyelash extension procedure where the technicians put the lash extensions from top to bottom, resulting in a more natural look that lasts longer.
- Brow Lamination - It involves straightening and lifting the brow hairs using a non-invasive chemical solution. This allows the eyebrows to be more malleable to be shaped. It's the perfect solution for getting rid of those pesky gaps and stray hairs.
- Gel Nails - Tokyo Glam also prides itself on their gel nail services. The salon offers four options for this: classic gel nail art with one color, Beautiful Art where the Tokyo Glam aesthetician adds minimal stones or basic hand-painted designs on all nails, Gorgeous Art which gives the client freedom to choose on which nails to have the design on and whether the client wants a mix of stones and hand-painted art, and Tokyo GLAM Art which gives the client more room for creativity.
- Other "me-time" treats - Further pamper yourself with waxing, threading, and/or foot spas.
Check out some of the personalities who have tried Tokyo Glam's services in the gallery below:
Amina Aranaz Alunan
Visit Tokyo Glam in Ayala Mall Manila Bay - Aseana City, SOMA in Bonifacio Global City, and Mitsukoshi Mall also in BGC.
Photos courtesy of Tokyo Glam