10 Most Popular Summer Spots to Have Your Best Ever Summer
Whether it’s a trip to the beach, the amusement park, or simply a picnic outdoors, Sunsilk is there to keep your hair smooth and fragrant all day
It’s summer again—and for the first time in years, it feels like the world is returning to its old rhythms. The things we’ve been deprived of since the country first went into lockdown are now at our fingertips again, and I don’t know about you, but we’re definitely excited to make this summer one of the best and most memorable summers ever.
Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Go trekking and hiking. Being mostly indoors for over two years, even those who have once sworn that they’ll never be nature lovers now probably have a hankering for the great outdoors. Along with your best friends, schedule a trip to go camping and hiking. Reach a mountain’s summit, perhaps, and get to marvel at how beautiful the world can be. We recommend climbing Mt. Makiling in Laguna or Mt. Pulag up north—two famed destinations with a scenic hiking trail and an even more scenic summit.
2. Spend a day at an amusement park. There’s nothing quite like riding a rollercoaster and screaming your heart out: after the years we’ve had in quarantine, we’re bound to want a release of sorts. Make plans with the group chat, and spend a full day with your best friends taking photos, eating cotton candy, and going on your favorite rides over and over. Locally, there’s the ever-reliable Enchanted Kingdom in Laguna; if you’re taking a trip outside the country (and who isn’t the mood for some sweet revenge travel?), look no further than the Disneyland or Universal Studios of your choice.
3. Head to the beach. What’s summer without a beach trip? Book a stay at the resort of your choice, and spend precious time with your best friends soaking up the sun, feeling the sand beneath your feet, and the cool water on your skin. Some of the most popular spots to head to are La Union up north, Siargao Island in Surigao del Norte, and El Nido, Palawan.
4. Attend a summer festival. This summer, there are plenty of festivals to go to: the Moriones Festival happens during Holy Week in Marinduque; the Pahiyas Festival is celebrated on May 15 in Lucban Quezon; and the Santacruzan has versions in almost every town you go to. Get to enjoy and celebrate Filipino culture while having a blast with your friends! And, if you’re feeling a little more adventurous and planning to travel outside the Philippines, look up summer music festivals happening elsewhere around the world—may we recommend the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, headlined by Stevie Nicks, The Who, Norah Jones, and more.
5. Have a picnic. Whether it’s in your own backyard or on a campsite, having a picnic with friends is a fun activity to do this summer. Stock a picnic basket with fresh fruits and cold drinks, bring some bluetooth speakers and your best playlists, and you’re good to go! Lambingan Hills in Tanay, Rizal is a popular go-to campsite where, at the end of a long, sunny day, you can slumber peacefully under the stars.
One important thing about these summer adventures, though, is making sure that your skin and your hair is protected from the harsh rays of the sun. So slather on your favorite sunscreen, and don’t forget to start your day with a relaxing shower, accompanied by Sunsilk! This product protects your hair from UV rays, dirt, and the grime of the city—at the same time, it also keeps your locks fresh, smooth, and fragrant the whole day. For your best ever summer, use NEW best-ever Sunsilk with Activ-Infusion, a blend of oils vitamins and proteins that protects from init, dust, and usok, giving you smooth and fragrant hair all day! Walang makakapigil sa bangong nakakagigil!