The Surprising Benefits Of Brushing Your Hair
We see it often in commercials – hair that’s so soft and full and shiny, it moves as if it has a life of its own! It’s beautiful, really - and we go to great lengths to recreate that mane in our everyday lives. We spend thousands of pesos in cut and coloring, straighteners, curlers, hot oil treatments and the like to truly make our hair our “crowning glory.”
But we sometimes focus too much on the expensive treatments, that we often forget the basic tools. Did you know that simply brushing your hair does so much good to achieve a healthier mane?
Here are some other surprising benefits of brushing your hair.
1. Brushing your hair helps to redistribute the healthy, natural oils on your scalp, which are essential in ensuring that your strands stay strong. These oils help to protect and nourish each strand, preventing them from further breakage.
To protect your hair from painful pulls and damage, try the Wet Brush Detangler, which is designed with IntelliFlex bristles that bend and flex to remove knots in your hair easily, and SofTips, which massage your scalp and reduce pain while you comb.
2. As the natural sebum in your hair is redistributed with brushing, this also helps to create a softer, shinier mane!
If shine is what you really desire, try the Wet Brush Shine Enhancer, which is developed with the addition of 100% boar bristles. The IntelliFlex bristles – patented by Wet Brush - detangle the hair, while pure boar bristles bring out the shine.
3. One of the obvious benefits of brushing is that you avoid having your hair transform into a tangled mess. If you don’t brush often – especially if you have curly or frizzy hair – it can get pretty messed up!
To avoid having to deal with a hair emergency, take care of your mane using the Custom Care Wetbrushes. The Custom Care brush for thick hair provides the right amount of strength to glide through thick hair with its firmer IntelliFlex bristles.
For those with thinner, weaker strands, the Custom Care for thin hair Wet Brush is designed with IntelliFlex bristles that are placed more sparsely compared to the original Wet Brush, making it extra gentle on sensitive scalps.
4. Brushing can also be considered as a form of dry shampooing! How you say? Well, big brushes like Wet Brush can help remove waste material that has built up on your scalp like deposits of uric acid crystals, catarrh and other impurities. If you live an on-the-go lifestyle, you can pack the Squirt Brush or Pop Fold Brush, which conveniently fits in your purse and bag. Pull them out anytime of the day to give your hair some tender loving care.
5. Many people – especially those who experience hair loss - sometimes skip brushing altogether to avoid losing more strands. But brushing actually becomes essential to healthier hair growth, because when you brush, you increase blood circulation around the follicles, which contribute to the growth of stronger hair.
If you’re afraid of painful pulls, try the Wet Brush Detangler, which lets you brush with 45% less damage and 56% less effort. It works because it boasts ultra-soft IntelliFlex bristles that glide through tangles with ease.
TIP: Counter to popular belief, hair is most fragile when wet and can be damaged when brushed. If you’re the type who doesn’t have the patience to blow-dry, use the Shower Flex, which was awarded as one of the Best of Beauty products by Allure in 2017. This innovative brush, which merges a wide tooth comb with bristles, allows you to comb your hair while wet.
On the other hand, if you’re the type to blow dry, keep your hair protected with the Hot Brush. It effortlessly styles your locks with ThermaFlexTM bristles, which have been designed to withstand heat up to 450oF/230oC and offer snag-free brushing every time. When heated, the ceramic coated thermal barrel imparts ionic properties that lock in moisture to help create a smooth, glossy finish. It’s also designed with no screws to snag the hair, this design helps to style your hair and give you more control.
6. Of course, hair is not only a women’s issue; men have needs to! Take care of his manly beard with the Men’s Brush, which keeps the hair looking fuller, stronger and healthier.
Trusted by Kendall Jenner, Drew Barrymore, Vanessa Hudgens and Candice Swanpoel, Wet Brush is all about keeping your hair soft, strong and shiny, and provides a range of tools to help you achieve that healthy mane. When it comes to looking sleek and chic, trust Wet Brush.
For more information about Wet Brush, visit beautybeat.ph and the official Facebook page: @WetBrushPH and Instagram: @wetbrushph. Wet Brush is available in 70 countries, and in the Philippines, it is sold in select SM Department Stores and Watsons.