WATCH: Maja Salvador's Lipstick Swatches Show How You Can Go From Pretty To Fiery
Maja's got a shade for every occasion, and for every woman.
This talented actress, singer, and dancer was chosen by Japan-based makeup brand Blair Cosmetics to be its ambassadress, thanks to her fine representation of modern Filipina beauty: she's empowered and self-assured, feminine and versatile.
As Blair's newest ambassador, Maja believes that every Pinay is beautiful, and the message she wishes to send is simple: don't be afraid to experiment with makeup to enhance what's already there. To her, figuring out the makeup that best suits you is the key to confidence, and putting on a polished face is one of the many ways women can take care of themselves.
For the ladies who want to work towards becoming the best version of themselves, the former Wildflower star suggests starting with Blair's most popular products: smudge-proof matte lipsticks that stay on all day long.
After all, that's how Maja fell in love with Blair Cosmetics to begin with. There was a day when she realized she had left her lipstick behind, and borrowed one from a friend. She loved it so much that she never gave it back, and it turned out to be one of Blair's lippies!
For the makeup newbie intimidated by wearing lipsticks—and deeply pigmented ones, at that!—don't be afraid! Likewise, for the woman who's mastered the art of the pout, be excited. Blair's lipstick shades come in every hue, from barely there to red carpet-ready.
Here are Maja's favorite shades and her suggestions for the best times to wear each one:
Blair's Velvet Matte lipsticks
This lippie is by far their top-selling product, and for good reason. Although these lipsticks are matte-formulated, they're creamy and moisturizing enough to not flake off or dry your lips as the day goes on. Their colors, on the other hand, are simply beautiful!
- Liviah: A pretty pink tint that's best worn during hangouts with the girls. It's a really sweet shade of pink that brings out the playfulness and youthfulness in you. Wear it when you're feeling extra kikay.
- Zac: As Maja's everyday shade, this one's best for when you're on the go, or out for some quick errands. It's a no-fuss shade that can bring a bit of glow to a simple, bare-faced look.
- Elle: This magenta shade is for the brave at heart. While not for everyone, Maja says that she's most likely to wear it when she's headed to an occasion where she has to make a statement, or wishes to stand out.
- Freya: When it comes to Freya, Maja highly recommended this for fun nights out, evening formals, or when you're aiming to look—and feel—sultry.
Blair's Velvet Mousse lipsticks
On the other hand, there are also these mousse lippies of Blair's that pack a punch, pigment-wise. They're more buildable than their Velvet Matte counterparts and stay on for longer, so they're best for occasions when you can't retouch as often.
- Regal Red: Perfect for ladies who go to the office, Maja describes it as a shade of red that's not too intense, and certainly flattering for every skin tone. It's a great way to start wearing rouge on your lips—a classic look every woman must master!
- Revel Glam: For when you have after-work commitments during the week, Maja recommends to have this ready in your purse. It's a small change that'll make a big difference. You'll be socials-ready, thanks to this wearable berry shade that's perfect for the evening.
- Coral Sheer: It's a great shade to try on this season! The neutral coral tones of this shade make Maja think of Sunday brunches and casual dates. It'll make you feel as sunny as summer!
Blair Cosmetics is available in Watson's.