Makeup Artist Robbie Piñera Shared The Exact Products He Used On Shay Mitchell
If you're a YOU fan like us, then you must be jumping for joy with the arrival of two of the Netflix show's stars here in Manila! For their Philippine tour of the Netflix hit, Penn and Shay appeared in front of local media yesterday, answered burning questions, and enjoyed a deliciously huge tub of local dessert halo-halo.
Undeniably, these two stars have made a pretty good name for themselves. Penn Badgley boasts of Gossip Girl fame, and Shay Mitchell hails from the addictive Pretty Little Liars TV series. Now co-starring in the thriller You, they both continue to reach new heights in their acting career.
Shay Mitchell is a multi-faceted star though—outside her acting career, she manages a Youtube channel that focuses on travel, is a huge fashion and beauty influencer on her Instagram account that boasts of 22.1 million followers, and manages a travel bags business. This lady isn't just a pretty face, she manages to outdo herself by continuously going for adventures that continue to enrich her as a person. And we, as adoring fans, always strive to keep up with this jetsetter!
For the Manila leg of this Netflix tour, Shay got the pleasure of working with one of our local beauty industry's best glam teams, Robbie Piñera and Raymond Santiago, who also happen to be Anne Curtis' go-to glam team for many years now!
Lucky for you, we at Metro.Style got the exclusive details on how to get Shay's makeup look, straight from Robbie himself! Read on, and get ready to try this at home!
Check out Robbie's pro tips on how to achieve Shay Mitchell's stunning look:
1. To get Shay’s look, it's important to keep the skin hydrated. I use La Mer gel cream to prep before anything. I then added a few drops of La Mer Renewal oil on the foundation and I applied with a brush.
2. Next, I had to pat on a damp Beauty Blender to blend till the foundation looks one with the skin. I used La Mer foundation in honey. It perfectly matches her skin tone.
3. I sculpted and highlighted the face with Tom Ford Sculpt and Illuminate, and set it lighly with La Mer loose powder. I avoided the areas where I want the highlight to come through, and also to keep the dewiness.
4. For the lips, I added a warm brown lip liner and pat on a pink beige lip color.
5. For the eyes, I swiped a burnt peach eyeshadow and added some bronze shimmer on top. Make sure to blend well.
6. I finished off the look with black mascara and some soft brown eyebrow pencil on the brows. I brushed it upwards with brow gel.
Cop these products to get Shay's look!
1—La Mer The Renewal Oil, Rustan's; 2—La Mer The Moisturizing Cool Gel Cream, Rustan's; 3—Beauty Blender, Freyja Glorietta 2; 4—La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation, Rustan's; 5—Tom Ford Sculpt and Illuminate palette, Adora; 6—La Mer The Powder, Rustan's
Photos courtesy of Robbie Piñera.