All The Important Self-Care Lessons We Learned At The Burt's Bees Conscious Beauty Talk
By spending five extra minutes to treat your skin, you're sending a message: "I'm worth it!"
It's no secret that our ways have changed greatly ever since the pandemic began. From our lifestyle at home, to our diet, and even in the products we consume—from being carefree about things, we've shifted to a more conscious lifestyle—needing to know what we support, what we spend our money on, and what we and our families use.
In the beauty world, shifts from from green beauty, to clean beauty, to conscious beauty–a lot sure has changed through the years. Safe to say, we've also become a lot more picky when it comes to our kikay kits! Putting a lot more emphasis on skincare has been the norm since last year, but makeup still plays a huge role in our lives. Gone are the days when we'd just slather on whatever skincare product we find, or any cheap lipstick just to get the job done. It has to not just make us look good, it has to make us feel good too! And feeling good truly starts from the inside.
Here to help us take a step closer to conscious beauty efforts? Burt's Bees.
Recently, Beauty Bar and Burt's Bees held a virtual talk hosted by Mia Borromeo, featuring Dr. Jennie Francisco-Diaz, MD, Fellow, Philippine Dermatological Society, and Medical Director of Skin 101 Clinics, as well as Marie Lozano, ANC Host and Lifestyle Journalist. It was an afternoon filled with delicious organic snacks, Burt's Bees goodies, and a whole lot of lessons to bring with us even after the pandemic is over! Keep scrolling to find out what we learned!
Self-care may seem like second nature these days, but sometimes, we still need a bit of reminding:
- Self-care also means focusing on our skin health. It does wonders for our emotional and mental health as well! Studies say that there is a direct correlation between our skin routine and our mood!
- A good skincare routine can boost our confidence and gives one a sense of control and how our days will go. Ever wonder why looking our best makes us feel good too? This is precisely why!
- We have to take our skincare routines seriously! According to Dra. Jennie, skin is a 'check engine light' for our internal health! Rashes? Acne? These may be signs that something has to be addressed with your health!
- Having a fixed routine at home, especially during this pandemic, helps our mental health in a great way—and that includes practicing a regular skincare routine. Studies show that routines make us feel good!
- We worry less when we do something nice for ourselves. Been holding out on yourself on that extra 5-10 minutes for self-love before bed? It's about time you reward yourself with it. Some quiet time to do your skincare routine before catching up on ZZZs can do wonders!
- We break negative thoughts when we indulge in self-care!
- Skincare creates mindfulness! Take your time, enjoy every application, every stroke, every product. Try learning a facial massage while you're at it!
- Having a skincare routine allows you to even bond with your loved ones. Spending time with them, even just by applying a face mask while watching Netflix is a ton of fun for the family!
- By spending five extra minutes to treat your skin, you're sending a message: "I'm worth it!"
And how can we get started on all these? By treating ourselves to a bunch of clean skincare and makeup picks from Burt's Bees—our go-to for their bestselling tinted lip balms, a great way to add a pop of color to your face even on the busiest days at home! They're made with natural, responsibly-sourced beeswax, and are free from parabens, phthalates, petroleum, or sodium lauryl sulfate.
More products worth trying are their National Eczema Association Accepted line of products such as facial cleansers, facial cleansing towelettes, eye creams, and daily moisturizers. This basically means Burt's Bees is safe for use on people with sensitive skin! And since we're washing our hands way more than we ever have (not to mention the alcohol and sanitizer use), we're loving their line of hand creams infused with shea butter, available in variants like Orange Blossom & Pistachio, Rosemary & Lemon, and Lavender & Honey.
Conscious beauty is a movement that has been gaining traction, because of the many benefits that everyone can reap, indirectly and directly. Burt’s Bees Brand Manager for Southeast Asia, Daye Delos Reyes shares more about the international brand’s vision, “Burt’s Bees has always led the way when it comes to Conscious Beauty, and this is embedded in our brand values ever since. Our values are founded on four principles: Ingredients from Nature, No Animal Testing, Responsible Sourcing, and Recyclable Packaging. In essence, Burt’s Bees has been making products that are kind to the skin and planet for a full-circle clean–from source to disposal—for over 30 years now.”
Shop Burt's Bees here.