Why Putting On Primer Is A Step You Shouldn’t Miss!
It’s the pride of every makeup maven to create a radiant and flawless beauty look. While the results may seem effortless, it’s anything but.
As you can see from the videos of the top beauty bloggers and pro makeup artists, it can take hours of meticulous application and more than a handful of makeup products to achieve the most beautiful you.
It’s disheartening to have your makeup simply fade over a couple of hours. As many seasoned artists and makeup enthusiasts have come to learn, there’s no point in putting in the hours and the effort applying makeup if it won’t stick. But there’s one simple secret to ensure that your makeup stays on longer and fresher – primer.
Here’s why primer is a must for everyone!
- Primer, in its essence, is designed to help makeup adhere better to your skin. It works by creating a smooth foundation for your makeup by filling out fine lines, wrinkles and large pores. Like in paintings, when you have a primed canvas, the colors are able to pop out better and stay on longer.
- Another benefit of primers – especially skin primers – is that they can also help create a brighter, more radiant complexion. Certain products are formulated with skin-nourishing ingredients such as aloe vera gel and cupuacu seed butter, which hydrates skin.
- Some primers can also double up as concealers helping to correct any redness or dullness in your skin.
Eyeshadow primers are especially worth the investment as they can address dark under-eyes and prevent any creasing, caking and fading of your eyeshadow and eyeliner. Lip primers are also great as they prevent the bleeding and feathering of your lipstick.
- Primers are a particular favorite among those who don’t like the heavy feel of too much foundation and sunscreen as a little goes a long way. Just a small pea-sized dab is all it takes to cover your face.
- In addition to smoothing out your skin, primers help makeup stay on longer by absorbing the oils which can affect the longevity of your makeup. So goodbye to all-day shine!
Pro tip: You can further set your makeup by sealing it with setting spray or light powder.