This Hotel In Cebu Is Where You Can Bid Your Worries And Troubles Good-'Bai'
At bai Hotel Cebu, guests always feel like they're returning home to friends who know them best. There are no strangers or impersonal encounters here, just five-star services, modern amenities, a breadth of culinary experiences, and signature Cebuano hospitality binding everything together.
Today, the property that's proud to call itself Your Host in the South is now officially open for business and countless opportunities to make lifelong memories. Kicking off its boldest, most eventful, and most colorful holiday season so far, bai Hotel invites us all to relive its grand opening defined by wonder and surprise.
bai Hotel gathered the Queen City of the South's well-heeled in a non-stop evening celebration featuring dynamic performances, rows and rows of palate-pleasing selections, photo-ready decor as far as the eye could see, inspiring remarks from its dedicated team, and good old-fashioned Christmas cheer permeating the air in November.
With cocktails in hand, the hotel's esteemed crowd admired the night's first set of activities: a magnificent tree lighting led by a cast of skilled performers who brought their make-believe world of fairies and magical godmothers to life. After a ribbon cutting ceremony led by the executives behind bai Hotel Cebu's growing success was a countdown that culminated in the illumination of bai Hotel Cebu's lobby and surroundings, everyone was ready to see what was in store for them next.
The bai Hotel Cebu lobby at its Christmas tree lighting
Vice President for Operations and General Manager of bai Hotel Cebu Alfred Reyes, President of APAC, WorldHotels, and Board of Directors Roland Jegge, and DOT-7 Director Shalimar Hofer Tamano at the ribbon cutting ceremony
What greeted them next as they approached the main event venue was unanticipated; there were—quite literally—endless setups of expertly prepared sips and bites to sample. Chilled shrimp cocktails, savory beef puffs, succulent roasted scallops, generously sliced pork cubes, an assortment of beverages (and certainly a lot more) as well as desserts of every shape, size, and flavor were aplenty.
Little did merry guests know that a sequel to their first feast was waiting for them inside the 450-person capacity Lapu-Lapu Grand Ballroom; a long, fully-stocked grazing table featuring cold cuts, cheeses, breads, and fruit stretched out from entryway to stage, inviting everyone to take part in a feast for the ages!
On the permiter of the ballroom was—you guessed it—even more culinary sights to delight in, including carving stations, an avant garde molecular dessert table, and more filling dishes to indulge in. It's simply the way bai Hotel Cebu wishes to treat its guests: satisfied, full of smile and awe, and never left wanting.
The gorgeous grazing spread from end to end of the Lapu-Lapu Grand Ballroom
An epic spread for an epic night
After guests had whetted their appetites, it was time for their other senses to be delighted; aerial gymnasts, a rock violinist, and Cebu's very own Morissette Amon took the stage to wow the crowd, all of whom were met with heartfelt applause.
And of course, bai Hotel Cebu's executives and partners got their much-deserved time in the spotlight to share their property's biggest achievements to date, including hefty profit margins and impressive occupancy rates, the recognition of bai Hotel as one of Cebu's top dining destinations to visit, and its title of being the largest hotel in the Philippines outside of Manila with a total of 668 guest rooms, each with panoramic views of the city and harbor.
The list goes on and on for why bai Hotel Cebu should be a must-have item on your Philippine travel bucket list. To add to the excellent points made that night, here are some of our favorite things about this hotel which are definitely worth learning more about:
- They have an upcoming "ladies floor" that will feature interiors that appeal to female guests' feminine sides. The little details in rooms on this floor as well as the all-female staff attending to guests here were designed specifically for women to enjoy.
- bai Hotel Cebu is a member of WorldHotels, an exclusive group of independent hotels and resorts, that depart from cookie-cutter hospitality and focus on creating experiential stays for guests. That means every hotel in this organization from all over the world will always have unique features and experiences made just for that property—including bai Hotel Cebu.
- Marble and Grain, the hotel's dining outlet frequently visited for its signature steaks and wine pairings, is a must-try. With many making reservations for its all-you-can-eat steak dinners, make sure to be hungry when it's your turn to experience this!
- Trip Advisor has ranked bai Hotel's all-day dining restaurant Cafe Bai the number one restaurant in Mandaue City. Its international selections will satisfy from breakfast to dinner, and include classic Filipino treats, Japanese and Chinese cuisines, as well as Western dishes every kind of diner will appreciate.
- Japanese restaurant UME Japanese Cuisine is home to an authentic Japanese chef certified to prepare one of the rarest and most difficult to prepare sashimi in the world: puffer fish, a.k.a. fugu. Almost never found in even the most upscale of Japanese restaurants, this dish has attracted many Filipino travelers to sample it, and has always lived up to expectations.
- The Pool Bar and Twilight Roofdeck Lounge are quite possibly two of the best places in the city to take in a sky-high view of Cebu's mix of landscapes that meld urban modernity and natural charm.
Ballerinas and fairies lead the way at the grand opening of bai Hotel Cebu
At bai Hotel Cebu, it will always be a heartwarming arrival in a destination full of genuine hellos, exciting activities, and a warm, cozy place to rest when the day is done.
For reservations, call +6332 3428888 or +6332 3558888. Visit their official website and follow bai Hotel Cebu in Facebook and Instagram for updates.