Big Bad Wolf Is Coming To Pampanga This July—Here’s What To Expect
Did you miss Big Bad Wolf in Manila? Have you finished reading your haul already? Are you hungry for more? Worry not—the biggest book sale in the world is returning to the Philippines this July!
Metro.Style was able to get a sneak peek of what Filipinos from all around North Luzon will be expecting in the coming month. Books of all genres—from science fiction to historical biographies—will be on sale for as low as 50-90% off recommended retail price! Much like its Manila counterpart, Big Bad Wolf - Pampanga will be open for 24 hours and will run for two weeks, from July 12 to July 22 at the Lausgroup Event Centre, San Fernando, Pampanga.
Here’s what we can expect in the Pampanga leg of the book sale:
1. In an effort to start making readers out of young children, 12 augmented reality (AR) books—or "magical books," as they are called—will also be launched at the sale, including Cinderella and The Wheels on the Bus. These books are distributed by BBW in partnership with Little Hippo Publishing.
2. Even though this sale will be held at a smaller venue compared to the World Trade Center in Pasay, it is still expected to have more patrons and customers, as book lovers from the neighboring cities of Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, and even Baguio are expected to arrive. And of course, even Manileños whose book craze needs satisfying are anticipated to return!
To my Kapampangan Wolfies, you know what to do, save the date and mark your calendars because the World’s Biggest Book Sale is coming to Pampanga! Tag your family and friends ‘cause this is a Sale like nothing else! . ?? 50%-90% DISCOUNTS ?? 12 July - 22 July 2019 ?? 24 Hours ?? LausGroup Event Centre, San Fernando City #BigBadWolfBooksPH #BigBadWolfBooksPampanga #BBWpampanga2019 #bookworms #SaveTheDate
3. There will be Filipino books from local publishers, but Narissa dela Peña, Country Manager of Big Bad Wolf Books Philippines and Jacqueline Ng, co-founder and Executive Director of BBW aren’t divulging which. Come to Pampanga to find out!
4. Since Pampanga is the culinary capital of the country, there will be a lot of recipe books and cookbooks for everyone to devour!
5. Big Bad Wolf is strengthening their partnership with Gawad Kalinga and other local organizations, so every book donated through the BBW Book Sale goes to a GK partner community. Book sale goers can also pay it forward by purchasing a book from the designated Red Readerhood (BBW’s Corporate Social Responsibility arm) booth at the sale.
6. Lucky book sale goers—or "Wolfies," as BBW calls them—have the chance to participate in an exclusive VIP Day where they can get first dibs on the books a day before the official start of the Sale. That’s July 11 all for yourself! To snag tickets, you can visit Big Bad Wolf Book Sale’s official Facebook page and Instagram for contests and special announcements.
It's a FRIDAY! And I finally got my paws on these exclusive passes for VIP Day! Did you know that in every Sale, the design for the passes are different? Keep an eye out for it, Wolfies! . ?? 50%-90% DISCOUNTS ?? 11 July 2019 ?? 10AM - 11PM ?? LausGroup Event Centre, San Fernando City #BigBadWolfBooksPH #BBWpampanga2019 #TGIF #BBWVIPDay #ThankGoditsFriday #books #Friyay
See you in Pampanga!