KidZania Manila Holds A Grown-Ups Night And Halloweek Celebration
Aside from December, the month of October is one that kids and even adults look forward to because of Halloween and the fun activities associated with it: dressing up in costumes and trick-or-treating.
A city made for kids to get a fun and realistic insight into the adult world, KidZania Manila won't let this occasion pass without making the most of it. This month, they've prepared a full lineup of exciting adventures and kids (yes, even grown-ups!) will surely enjoy.
Their events are basically divided into two: "Back to Kidz: Once Upon a Halloween" (October 19, Friday, 6-11PM, for adults 18 and up) and "Once Upon a Halloweek" (October 27 to November 4, Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 pm. / Saturday-Sunday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. for the whole family).
Pinky Laurena, KidZania Manila's Director for Integrated Ministry, Visitor Experience and Strategy, gives a backgrounder on the exciting activities they've prepared for Halloween.
Back to Kidz: Once Upon a Halloween
"The best 'kidulting' experience is always in KidZania, because it's really a city made for kids," says Pinky Laurena of KidZania Manila. The Grown-Ups Night at KidZania only happens twice a year, so this one is definitely something adults shouldn't miss.
Adults are encouraged to come in Halloween-appropriate costumes inspired by their favorite book characters, and enjoy KidZania's signature experience of more than 70 role-playing activities. Aside from that, here are other things you can do at the event:
- Take Instagram-worthy snaps. If you and your friends are fans of Riverdale, make sure to drop by the revamped RK Clubhouse and take cool photos at this retro diner. KidZania is giving out an Adobe Lightroom Preset Pack for free, to help you achieve your #FeedGoals.
- Send out free letters. Inspired by Lara Jean, the lead character in To All the Boys I've Loved Before, visitors may write their own letters and have them delivered to their loved ones (or crushes!) for free through the help of LBC.
- Play Dodgeball. Beat other "tributes" (a la Hunger Games) at the Milo Stadium.
- Join the quest for Treasure Island. There will be challenges for you to take on around the city, but you will be rewarded with lots of treats in the end. Those who will participate need to accomplish three of eight activities lined up.
A kid tries out the Treasure Island hunt
- Climb a building. Test your strength and endurance, and try KidZania's Climbing Building. If you think this is a wall climbing activity just for kids, think again.
- Attend the Mad Hatter's tea party. The whimsical urban garden will make you feel like a character in Alice in Wonderland.
- Participate in the "Fantasy Date." Who knows, you might just find your happily ever after in this fun dating game! The couple will win cool prizes and a fantasy date at the ABS-CBN Studio Experience.
Look for your happy ever after at KidZania Manila's "Fantasy Date"
There will also be a meet and greet with KidZania Manila's RightZKeepers mascots, plus a Halloween Party Parade. Those who exerted extra effort for their costumes will receive prizes: Male Costume, Female Costume, Couple/Besties Costume, and Squad in Costume.
Tickets are priced at P750 (early bird rate, valid until October 18), P880 for regular pax, P600 for students (the ID must be showed at the counters upon purchase of ticket), and P700 for BGC residents.
Once Upon a Halloweek
Coinciding with the National Novel Writing Month is this celebration that will gather kids and adults dressed up in their favorite storybook or comic book characters.
There will be special treats for the whole family when they join the Treasure Island; treats include items sponsored by Jack N Jill, Cream O, Toy Kingdom, Cebu Pacific, and Pascual Lab.
The National Book Store Quest will entitle visitors to double pay or a chance to pay half for the activities. You may write your very own children's story or design your very own storybook cover.
A costume contest will recognize the Best Kid Costume and Best Family Costume.
Tickets are priced at P900 to P1,100 for kids, P770 to P900 for adults, and P1,999 for the Happy 3-Day PaZZ, which allows one kid and one adult for three visits vaild from October 4 to November 4.
KidZania Manila is located at Park Triangle, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. For more details, visit manila.kidzania.com or their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@kidzaniamanila) accounts.
Photographs by Grace Libero-Cruz