Here Are The Winners Of 2020 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards
The annual ceremony celebrated the work of many artists in various fields who have contributed to the development of popular culture
The winners of this year’s Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards were revealed by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism on October 28, with the ceremony held later that day.
Organized by the Korea Creative Content Agency and held at the Peace Hall of Kyunghee University in Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, the 11th Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards night recognized the work of artists in various fields—singers, actors, comedians, voice actors, broadcasters, choreographers, and others—who have contributed to the development of popular culture. This year, the ceremony saw no audience present (to prevent the spread of Covid-19) and was broadcast live online.
The evening saw six artists receiving an Order of Cultural Merit, six receiving Presidential Commendations, eight artists (including groups) received Prime Minister’s commendations, and nine artists (including groups) received Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism’s Commendations.
Actor Jang Dong Yoon and announcer Jang Ye Won were this year’s hosts, and the ceremony featured stellar performances by Kim Junsu, SEVENTEEN, and more.
Watch the ceremony below!
Winners of the prestigious awards are determined through a comprehensive and thorough review of several aspects such as achievements in domestic and overseas, social contribution, contribution to national reputation and recognition, among other factors.
See the full list of winners below!
- Eungwan Order of Cultural Merit (2nd Class)—Actress Go Doo Shim, actor Byun Hee Bong, singer Yoon Hang Gi.
- Bogwan Order of Cultural Merit (3rd Class)—Voice actress Song Do Soon, author Song Ji Na, actor and comedian Im Ha Ryong.
- Presidential Commendation—Actress Kim Hee Ae, television personality Kang Ho Dong, musician Kim Gi Pyo, screenwriter Kim Eun Hee, actor Chun Ho Jin, actor Hyun Bin.
- Prime Minister’s Commendation—Actor Kang Ha Neul, actress Gong Hyo Jin, voice actor Kim Yong Shik, comedian Park Mi Sun, SEVENTEEN, popular culture art producer Shin Choon Soo, actress Yoon Yoo Sun, choreographer Choi Young Joon.
- Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism’s Commendation—Voice actor Kang Soo Jin, rock band No Brain, actor Ryu Soo Young, screenwriter Im Sang Choon, trot singer Im Young Woong, comedian Jang Do Yeon, actor Jung Sung Hwa, musician Jung Sung Ha, actor Jo Jae Yoon.
Watch some of the evening's highlights and acceptance speeches below:
Congratulations to all the winners and awardees of the 2020 Korean Pop Culture & Arts Awards!
Lead photos by Xportsnews, Osen