5 Things To Look Forward To At Iloilo’s Brand New Festive Walk Mall
Iloilo has long been known for its old charm as one of the Philippines’ more developed cities. It is now growing rapidly and has embraced so far an urban development boom like no other in previous decades. Yet, despite some local apprehension regarding development there are also a lot of positive thoughts on the products and services some newer establishments and buildings will be able to provide the city with, such as this attractive new mall by Megaworld. On June 30, 2018, Megaworld’s recently completed project, Festive Walk Mall opened its doors to the public at the Iloilo Business Park township in Mandurriao.
Kevin Tan and Matteo Guidicelli join other guests of honor for a toast to the mall opening.
Dinagyang dancers perk up the mood onstage.
Confetti showers the audience after the program.
At the 2018 Philippines Property Awards, it swiftly bagged the Highly Commended design. Tropically inspired accents on the interior and exterior of the mall make it less of a looming concrete structure and more of a new habitat to explore.
Alliance Global Inc., CEO Kevin Tan, who also heads Megaworld Lifestyle Malls, shares this about the integration of the malls overall amenities “The Festive Walk development was built in several phases and there are several sections. The main mall being the bigger phase, but we started actually with the Festive Walk parade—our restaurant and bar area—where we have our “Festive Nights” from Wednesday all the way up to Sunday. We set up a street market. I think that’s a very popular hotspot for the young. This is integrated with our ILOMOCA (Iloilo Museum of Contemporary Art) which is also connected to the Festive Walk Annex, where we have our parking facilities and public transport terminals, and that is connected to Festive Walk Mall, where we are right now. Everything here is seamlessly connected by covered overhead bridges, some are airconditioned some are not but they’re all weatherproof.”
Quality render of Festive Walk Mall’s very own chapel.
Quality render of Festive Walk Mall’s famed roof deck.
Festive Walk Mall has three floors and will also be carrying well-known restaurants and retailers that have never been seen in Iloilo in the past; places we’re familiar with in Metro Manila like La Lola Churreria, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Henry’s Camera store, Japan Home Center and TGIFriday’s. The mall also features a spacious deck and a beautifully designed chapel to retreat to.
There are currently a few things we’ve rounded up to look forward to in Festive Walk Iloilo if you’re in soon for a visit. There’s a little something we feel for everyone in the family especially with over 1,000 parking slots made available.
1. Attention Ilonggo dog lovers, a dog park and dog café are available—Of course for your furry “fambam” friends they ought to have a place to go to and socialize at in Iloilo’s hippest new mall. If you’d like to get a day pass for your dog, just present their vaccine card at Festive Walk Mall’s concierge.
What makes you feel excited, Iloilo? Let us make you feel a new experience by allowing you to take your doggos along with you as you sip a cup of coffee and eat some pastry ?? Buuuttt, we will make sure that not only you will enjoy our coffee and pastry because we will also be serving treats for your buddies! ?? Help us spread our Soft Opening date on June 30 by posting your cute doggies with the following hashtags ?? #PupsAndCupsAtBarkingCafe #BarkingCafeWithYou #BarkingCafeOnJune30 #DogCafeOfIloilo
2. Coming soon a Limited Time Ice Skating Pop Up Rink —For the first time in Iloilo, an ice skating rink will be made available temporarily for locals to try. Skills on the ice take lots of practice, while it’s there it ought to be worth checking out more than once!
3. Easy Festive Mall Annex for Errand Days — In a rush to get all those tick-boxes checked? The air-conditioned bridgeway connected the from Festive Walk Mall will give you access to PhilHealth, Bureau of Immigration and the Land Transportation Office, as well as medical and wellness clinics in the annex.
4. VIP Cinema treatment and your very own butler— Imagine reclining leather seats and bottomless popcorn and drinks while watching the latest movies to hit the big screen. You’ll also have a flexible LED lamp and footrest you can adjust for full relaxation.
Ylona Garcia and Kevin Tan launch Festive Walk’s VIP cinemas
5. A vast children’s playground— For family day everyone appreciates a place where kids can be kids safely. Over at Festive Walk, multiple high quality jungle gyms have been set out for children to explore and perspire on to their heart’s content.