Red And Green Pieces That Are Anything But Costume-y
Holiday dressing—where do we even begin? While it's always fabulous to go the shiny, shimmery route, it's also fun to experiment with the season's most popular hues. It can get a bit tricky though, most especially when dealing with the colors red and green, as they tend to get a bit costume-y or unrealistic to pull off as compared to other jewel tones. Here, we give you some practical advice when looking for the perfect red and green pieces to rock during Christmastime. Hint: Forget those knit sweaters your parents forced you to wear as a kid!
1. Choose a piece with interesting green prints.
2. Statement red shoes are always a great investment piece. You can wear them all year round!
3. We're head over heels for a deep shade of green in a rich fabric as seen in this Prada creation!
4. Opt for a bright red coat for your next chilly vacation. Time to store those neutral khakis for now!
5. How about a sparkly sequin cocktail dress with hints of mint green?
6. You don't necessarily have to pair red with green, as in this Rosie ensemble. Match an elaborate pleated skirt with a neutral blouse for maximum impact!
Lead photo from Farfetch