Giving Up Meat This Lenten Season? Then Cook Sandy Daza’s Delicious Ginger and Spring Onion Lapu-Lapu Instead
Ginger and Spring Onion Lapu-Lapu
- all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- fresh lean white fish fillets
- grated ginger
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon slurry (a combination of cornstarch and water)
1. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a fry pan.
3. Coat the fish fillets with flour. Fry the fish, skin side first. Set aside.
4. To make the sauce, sauté the ginger in oil.
5. Add chopped spring onions.
6. Add soy sauce and sugar.
7. Add water and let simmer for a few minutes.
8. To thicken the sauce, mix in the slurry.
9. Pour the sauce over the fish fillets and serve.
This recipe was featured in Casa Daza, Season 1 on Lifestyle TV