Here’s A Better Way To Bake Fish To Impress Your Guests
Baked Fish with Caper Sauce
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 8 slices white fish fillets like cod, sea bass, grouper, mahi mahi, cobbler, approximately 6 to 8 ounces
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Drain capers, rinse well, and drain again. Then pat dry on paper towels. Set aside.
3. Season fish with salt and pepper, then arrange in a medium baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Transfer fish to a platter and reserve pan drippings.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan, add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
5. Add wine, lemon juice, and reserved pan drippings, then increase heat to medium high. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in capers and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour warm sauce over baked fish. Garnish with chopped parsley and sliced lemons. Serve immediately.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, April-May 2015 issue
Styling by Nancy Dizon-Edralin
Photography by Paulo Valenzuela