These Blue Cheese Truffles Are The Perfect Start To A Home Cooked Valentine’s Dinner
If you’re planning on spending Valentine’s Day at home, it’s the perfect excuse to go a bit fancy with your home cooking, whether you’re preparing dinner just for two (or more). Instead of the usual cheese platter, start the evening with some sparkling wine and these pretty balls of blue cheese coated with pistachios. If you find blue cheese a bit too pungent, you can try goat cheese instead.
Blue Cheese and Pistachio Truffles
Makes 20 pieces
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 ripe mango, sliced thinly
- 10 grapes, halved
- microgreens, for garnish
1. Take a teaspoon of blue cheese and roll it into a ball. Coat with chopped pistachios.
2. Garnish with mango slices, grapes, and microgreens.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, December-January 2015 issue
Recipe courtesy of Shangri-La Makati
Photography by Terry Uy