Here’s The Secret To Super Tender Chicken—It’s In The Yogurt
- 1 kilo chicken thigh fillet, skin and fat removed
- 2 tubs (125 grams) plain yogurt
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, lightly drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetables for grilling (tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, etc.), optional
1. Slice chicken into 2-inch pieces. Place marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Pour over chicken and toss until chicken is completely coated. Skewer the chicken pieces into wet barbecue sticks and marinate overnight.
3. Lightly wipe the grill rack or grill pan with oil before heating. Grill chicken until lightly charred and cooked through. Grill accompanying vegetables if preferred.
If you want to save time, you can omit the barbecue sticks and simply marinate the chicken in big pieces. Then just grill as directed.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, April-May 2014 issue
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photo by Justin de Jesus