ENTERTAINING: Chicken With Apples And Grapes Canapés
Chicken with Apples and Grapes Canapés
Makes about 20 pieces
- 3/4 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/4 kilo cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/8 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 green apple, skin on, diced and soaked in 1/2 cup water with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 large French bâtard loaves, sliced into 18 to 20 pieces
- 1/4 cup French butter
- 6 slices American cheese, sliced into 4
- 1 stalk flat leaf parsley, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chicken breast, celery, dill, apple, grapes, sea salt, and white pepper. Blend well. Place in an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
2. To make the canapés, spread butter on each slice of bâtard. Arrange the slices in a large baking pan then lightly toast in the oven for about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Line toasted bread with sliced cheese. Add 1/2 tablespoon of chicken salad mixture to each slice. Top with flat leaf parsley and additional grapes and diced apples, if desired.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, October-November 2014 issue
Styling by Aby Nachura and Angelique Abesamis Castro
Photo by Justin De Jesus