Pressed For time? Cook These Delightful Dishes With Six Ingredients Or Less
Transform a few basic ingredients into satisfyingly delicious meal in no time at all!
Quick and Crisp Chicken Wraps
Leftovers are your friend. You can also use grilled chicken or chicken adobo from yesterday’s dinner. Just cut the chicken into strips, reheat and use as a substitute for the chicken nuggets in the recipe.
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 whole lettuce?
- 2 carrots, cut into fine strips?
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 pack chicken nuggets, fried and cut into strips?
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles, fried
- Japanese sesame salad dressing or hoisin sauce, for drizzling
1. Place 2 to 3 lettuce leaves on a plate.?
2. Place a bunch of carrot strips and cilantro over the lettuce. Top with fried chicken strips.
3. Place a handful of crumbled ramen noodles on the chicken.?
4. Drizzle with your desired salad dressing or sauce.?
5. Roll lettuce. Cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
Corned Beef Stew
Feel free to change the ingredients. Use carrots or potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. Try hotdog or longaniza instead of chorizo. Or use canned chili instead of corned beef. Serve this easy stew with rice or rolls on the side.
- 1 to 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 sweet potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 chorizo, sliced into rounds (or 1 can chorizo)
- 1 can corned beef?
- 2 cups water or beef stock
- 1 28-gram envelope gravy mix
1. Sauté onions in a pot with a little cooking oil.?
2. Add the sweet potatoes and chorizo. Sauté until they start to crisp.
3. Add the corned beef.?
4. Add enough water to cover the mixture. Boil until sweet potatoes become soft and tender.
5. Mix in gravy mixture a tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired thickness.
Easy Chocolate Mousse?
Make your chocolate mousse look more interesting by topping it with sliced bananas or strawberries, whipped cream, toasted nuts, marshmallows or chocolate shavings. You can also use different kinds of glasses or containers like jars, goblets or martini glasses for a shabby chic look.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, cookie butter or peanut butter (local)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream?
- chocolate bars of choice (M&Ms, Ferrero Rocher, Chocnut, etc.), for garnish
1. Combine chocolate spread and chocolate hazelnut spread/peanut butter/cookie butter in a bowl. Melt in a microwave for a few seconds to soften the mixture.
2. Whip heavy cream in an electric mixer until soft peaks form.?
3. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture by hand into half of the whipped cream. Then fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
4. Divide mixture among 4 to 6 serving bowls, ramekins or glasses. Top with chocolate bar pieces of your choice. Chill until set, about 2 hours, before serving.
This article first appeared in FOOD Magazine, Issue 2, 2015
Photos by Justin de Jesus
Food styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz