Use Up Your Party Leftovers With These No-Carb Sandwich Wraps
This quick and easy sandwich wrap lets you kill two birds with one stone—you get to use your leftover food, and you get to keep it light, healthy, and gluten-free with a lettuce instead of tortilla wrap. For this recipe, any chicken or pork will do—roast chicken, lechon, adobo, barbecue, fried chicken—it’s all good. Even the rice noodles you ended up not using for pancit can be fried up and used to add a crunchy texture to the wrap.
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 whole lettuce
- 2 carrots, cut into fine strips
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 cups shredded leftover roast chicken or breaded pork
- 2 cups fried rice noodles
- Japanese sesame salad dressing or hoisin sauce, for drizzling
1. Place 2 to 3 lettuce leaves on a plate.
2. Place a bunch of carrot strips and cilantro over the lettuce. Top with shredded chicken or pork.
3. Place a handful of crumbled rice noodles on the chicken.
4. Drizzle with salad dressing or hoisin sauce.
5. Roll lettuce. Cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
This recipe is adapted from the Quick and Crisp Chicken Wraps recipe in FOOD Magazine, Issue 2, 2015
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photography by Justin de Jesus