Make This Chocolate Dessert With Just Four Ingredients—And No Baking Required
This irresistible chocolate mousse combines your fave sweet spreads and chocolate bars—items you may already have in your pantry or refrigerator. Mix them up in a matter of minutes, chill in the refrigerator, and it’s ready to serve!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, cookie butter or peanut butter (local)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- chocolate bars of choice (M&Ms, Ferrero Rocher, Chocnut, etc.), for garnish
1. Combine chocolate spread and chocolate hazelnut spread/peanut butter/cookie butter in a bowl. Melt in a microwave for a few seconds to soften the mixture.
2. Whip heavy cream in an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture by hand into half of the whipped cream. Then fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
4. Divide mixture among 4 to 6 serving bowls, ramekins, or glasses. Top with chocolate bar pieces of your choice. Chill until set, about 2 hours, before serving.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, Issue 2, 2015
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photography by Justin de Jesus