Have A Fresh And Healthy Smoothie To Get You Energized For The New Year Ahead
As you’re winding down your holiday partying, start your end-of-year mornings right with this refreshingly healthy smoothie made with fresh or frozen fruits, milk, and yogurt. You can convert it into a protein shake by adding about 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseeds or toasted oats. Or you can crumble your favorite multigrain bar and sprinkle it on top of your smoothie. Whatever works to keep you nourished and satisfied as you welcome the new year!
Green Apple and Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 green apple, cored, peeled, and chopped
Mix everything in a personal blender. Pulse until smooth.
1. Use 2 pieces ripe Cavendish bananas instead of green apple.
2. Trade 1/2 cup fresh orange juice for fresh milk.
3. Add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, replace green apple with 1 ripe Cavendish banana and replace fresh milk with low fat soy milk for an even healthier smoothie!
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, April-May 2014 issue
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photography by Justin de Jesus