Brighten Up Your Boring Fish Or Chicken Dish With This Zingy Corn Relish
This easy-to-make relish is best topped on a grilled chicken breast sandwich or crispy fish fillet sandwich. Or have it as a sweet and tangy side dish to baked chicken or seafood. You can also jazz up this relish with grilled zucchini instead of corn.
Grilled Corn and Mixed Tomato Relish
- 4 pieces fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 small green tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cherry red tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 small yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook corn covered in boiling water for about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Preheat grill to medium. Grill corn while brushing generously with butter and turning occasionally until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Cut corn from the cob. Mix well with chopped tomatoes, remaining butter, basil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and honey.
4. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, February-March 2014 Issue
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photography by Paulo Valenzuela