Diskarte Recipes for a Christmas Masaya Kayang Kaya Noche Buena!
Here are recipes we can try from MAGGI MAGIC SARAP for your easy (and fun-filled) Christmas spread
After all the Christmas shopping, it’s time to worry about what exactly you’ll be cooking during the holidays. And this is where the stress comes in, because more often than not, women who run their households will even be busier as the days lead up to Christmas eve. But—there are ways to make diskarte—finding new techniques and ingredients to make the dishes even more flavorful without the added stress.
Our secret weapon? Maggi Magic Sarap All-in-One Seasoning, that gives any dish dagdag sarap and aroma thanks to its fresh onion and garlic, real meat, brown sugar and spices! Maggi Magic Sarap works both as a flavor amplifier and lets you experience all the wonderful nuances of flavor on your tongue. So whether you’re making scrambled eggs or Pinoy-style spaghetti, or even a roast, sprinkle in some Maggi seasoning to turn a ho-hum dish into exciting food.
Knowing you have a pack of Maggi Magic Sarap at hand takes the pressure out of cooking, because you already know that you’re going to be coming up with delicious dishes with dagdag sarap and aroma your family will love. Just as Maggi Magic Sarap takes the stress out of your everyday cooking, let it work magic on your holiday meal preparation, too. In fact, cook with your family and transform cooking it into a bonding experience, instead of a chore.
This Christmas, we’ll be missing the traditions that we won’t be able to observe. There may be fewer parties and reunions, and less time spent with family and friends. So let’s make some new traditions: Learn to cook that special festive family recipe from your lola, teach your child to cook a dish for noche buena. Bond and make happy memories and make this a ChristMAS MASAYA, with the help of Maggi Magic Sarap.
1.5 kilos pork belly
3 sachets Maggi Magic Sarap
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 piece onion
2 heads garlic
4 stalks scallion2 stalks lemongrass
1/4 cup Maggi Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons spiced vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves garlic
2 pieces onions1 piece hot chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Season fleshy side of pork belly with 2 sachets of Maggi Magic Sarap and pepper. Add onion, garlic, scallions, lemongrass and Maggi Oyster Sauce. Marinate overnight.
2. Place aromatics in the center of the pork and tie into a roll using butcher’s twine. Simmer in water until tender. Remove and set aside to cool. Brush the skin with vinegar, season with 1 remaining sachet of Maggi Magic Sarap. Set aside.
3. For the dip, combine vinegar, Maggi Oyster Sauce, garlic, onion, chili pepper, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
4. Preheat oil and deep-fry pork until golden brown. Set aside. Remove butcher’s twine and cut into serving pieces. Transfer to a serving plate, and serve with sauce on the side.
Creamy Chicken Menudo
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 piece potato1 piece carrot
6 cloves garlic1 piece onion
1/5 kilo chicken thigh1 piece green bell pepper
200 grams tomato sauce1 cup water1 piece bayleaf
2 tablespoons cheese2 sachets Maggi Magic Sarap
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
125 ml Nestlé All-Purpose Cream
1. Sauté potato and carrot in oil until golden brown. Strain and set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add chicken and bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, and bayleaf. Simmer while stirring, for 10 minutes.
4. Add sautéed potato, carrot and cheese. Season with Maggi Magic Sarap, pepper and sugar.
Magical Salted Egg Spaghetti
4 cloves garlic
3 pieces salted egg
2 tablespoons butter1 package Nestlé Fresh Milk
1/2 cup Nestlé All-Purpose Cream
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan1 sachet Maggi Magic Sarap
1/4 kilo spaghetti noodles1tablespoon spring onions
1. Sauté garlic, chili and salted egg yolk in butter. Pour Nestlé Fresh Milk, Nestlé All-Purpose Cream, and water into the pan. Stir in cheese and simmer. Season with Maggi Magic Sarap and pepper.
2. Boil pasta according to package directions.
3. Strain spaghetti noodles and toss in the sauce with spring onions. Transfer to a serving plate.