This No Sweat Chicken Parmigiana Is Your Tasty Shortcut To Dinner On The Table In No Time At All
No Sweat Chicken Parmigiana
- 12 to 16 chicken nugget pieces or 8 large pieces frozen breaded chicken fillets
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 450 ml-pack Italian style spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 kilo fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken cube
1. Fry breaded chicken pieces until cooked and golden brown. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Place fried breaded chicken in a baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Then pour the prepared spaghetti sauce over the cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese starts to bubble.
5. While chicken is baking, cook the fettuccine noodles until al dente or according to package instructions.
6. In a skillet, melt butter. Add the chicken cube. Season with pepper. Then toss in the cooked noodles. Serve with the baked chicken parmigiana.
Turn this dish into a kiddie treat with Pinoy-style spaghetti sauce and cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan. You can also ditch the buttered noodles for rice sautéed with butter. If you don’t have time to fry your frozen chicken pieces, just use takeout fried chicken fillets from your favorite chain. (Promise we won’t tell your guests!)
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, October-November 2014 issue
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photography by Paulo Valenzuela