Nutella-Stuffed Skillet Cookie
This giant cookie with its soft, gooey center will delight the inner child in you
This giant, melty cookie with its gooey Nutella swirls is totally addicting. A little underbaking can create a soft, gooey center. You can do this by cutting back on baking time for as little as 5 minutes, checking every so often to make sure the top is just starting to set and the edges are slowly turning gold.
1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 grams sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup Nutella or any chocolate hazelnut spread, heated to a thin, runny consistency
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch skillet with butter. Set aside.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips together. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
5. Add flour mixture and mix together until there are no traces of flour. Don’t over mix.
6. Spoon 1/2 of the cookie dough into the skillet and then evenly pour the melted Nutella over the cookie dough to form a layer. Top with the remaining dough and smooth the top out.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Let cool.
FOOD Magazine, Issue 4-2017. Recipe by Cy Ynares, Photography by Patrick Mateo, Styling by Pixie Sevilla