These Pretzel Pileup Bars May Be The Easiest Thing You’ll Ever Bake
Don’t like baking but need to come up with a sweet treat for the family? With this recipe, all you need to do is mix, bake (or not), and slice. Even better, you can use whatever crackers, cookies, nuts you have lying around the kitchen. The only constant here are the marshmallows to bind everything together. To coarsely crush these ingredients, place them in a plastic bag and roll a heavy drinking glass over the plastic.
Pretzel Pileup Bars
Makes 16 bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini white marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups pretzels, roughly broken
- 1/2 pack Chocnut, roughly chopped, chilled
1. Line a 7 x 11-inch pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang for lifting. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir using a wooden spoon until you get a gooey mixture.
3. Turn off heat and add chocolate chips. Keep stirring until chocolate chips melt. Add pretzels and Chocnut pieces. Mix until everything sticks to the marshmallow mixture.
4. Spread evenly on lined pan. Cool to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before slicing.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, June-July 2014 issue
Styling by Tina Concepcion Diaz
Photography by Paulo Valenzuela