Sandy Daza Makes Pork Tonkatsu—Everyone’s Favorite Japanese Deep-Fried Pork
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- pork cutlets
- Japanese breadcrumbs
- shredded cabbage
- sesame dressing
- Bull-Dog sauce
- Japanese rice, cooked
1. In a pot, heat cooking oil.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper.
3. Beat 3 eggs with a little oil.
4. Coat pork cutlets with the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture.
5. Finally, coat with the breadcrumbs.
6. In the hot cooking oil, deep fry pork twice until golden brown.
7. Place on a rack to drain the oil.
8. Serve with shredded cabbage, sesame dressing, Bull-Dog sauce, and Japanese rice.
This recipe was featured in Casa Daza, Season 1 on Lifestyle TV