Sandy Daza Prepares His Twice-Fried Then Baked Binondo Chicken For Chinese New Year
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- liquid seasoning
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- chicken parts, preferably legs and thighs
- cooking oil
- chopped garlic
1. To make the marinade, lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
2. Add sriracha sauce, then pour water.
3. Add liquid seasoning. Season with salt and mix to combine.
4. Marinate the chicken in the egg-sriracha mixture for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. To prepare the breading, place flour in a bowl.
6. Mix in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder.
7. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan.
8. Coat the chicken pieces in the breading.
9. Fry the chicken twice.
10. Transfer fried chicken pieces to a baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 300°F.
11. In the same hot oil used to fry the chicken, deep fry the chopped garlic until crispy.
12. Drain the garlic on paper towels to remove the excess oil.
13. Remove baked chicken from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle the fried garlic on top.
This recipe was featured in Casa Daza, Season 1 on Lifestyle TV