What To Cook This Weekend? Sandy Daza Suggests Classic Caldereta Made Even Better With Lamb
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 kilo lamb shoulder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- marble potatoes or cubed potatoes
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- patis (fish sauce), to taste
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil.
2. Add the lamb shoulder and let brown.
3. Mix in soy sauce, tomato paste, and bay leaves.
4. Pour in enough water to cover the meat.
4. Add black peppercorns and potatoes. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, add carrot rings and bell peppers. Let simmer for another 30 minutes until lamb is cooked.
6. Season to taste with patis.
7. Add Parmesan cheese, cooking cream, and green olives. Let cook for a few minutes then serve.
This recipe was featured in Casa Daza, Season 1 on Lifestyle TV