Spice Up the Halloween Weekend With These Chili-Laden Bat Wings
Here's a spooky addition to your Halloween spread.
Ok, they’re actually chicken, not bat wings, but when arranged on a platter like so, they can be a spooky addition to your Halloween spread, whether it’s for the kids or adults. This recipe is an extra garlicky take on classic buffalo wings, with a sweet honey-tinged touch. Feel free to adjust the level sweetness or spiciness according to your taste.
Spicy Bat Wings
1 kilo chicken wings
salt and pepper, to taste
cooking oil, for deep frying
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon each salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
1. Season chicken wings with salt and pepper.
2. In a deep fryer or large pot, heat cooking oil. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cook until liquid is syrupy and reduced by half.
4. Place chicken wings in a large bowl. Drizzle with syrup and toss to coat.
5. Arrange wings on a platter and serve with a store-bought blue cheese dip on the side.
Recipe by Cecille Esperanza
Photos by Berwin Coroza
Styling by Butchie Peña
Shot at Kessler’s Kitchen, Sta. Rosa, Laguna, FB: KESSLERSKitchen