4 Easy-To-Prepare Tuna Recipes That Are Perfect For This Holy Week And Beyond
Whip up huevos rellenos, cucumber boats, spicy sisig, and avocado salad
So, it's the start of what Filipinos dub ECQ Season 2 and it's also Holy Week. If you're thinking of whipping up healthy, hearty snacks and dishes for this week and even beyond, here are four mouthwatering and savory tuna recipes to get you started. Three of these recipes were shared by top Filipino influencers.
Check them out below:
Fatima Rabago's Huevos Rellenos
8 hard boiled eggs
1 can (180 grams) Mega Tuna Hot & Spicy 180g, drained
10 olives, slice, remove seeds
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Peel the hard boiled eggs, then slice each egg into half lengthwise. Set aside.
2. Remove the egg yolks and place in a bowl. Add the tuna, olives, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Fill the hard boiled egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Garnish with parsley.
4. Serve and enjoy.
Janeena Chan's Cucumber Boats
1 can (180 grams) Mega Tuna Spanish Style
1 medium cucumber or zucchini, cut in half, deseeded
1/2 cup chopped cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced tomato
1/2 cup diced apple
4 pieces shredded crab sticks
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Drain the tuna and set aside the oil
2. Cook cucumber in a pan or skillet with a little oil from the tuna.
3. Cook the following ingredients one by one: tuna, diced tomatoes, diced apple, shredded crab sticks, salt and pepper, and cheddar cheese. Mix.
4. Stuff each cucumber shell evenly with the mixed ingredients.
6. Serve and enjoy.
Baninay Bautista and Kimpoy Feliciano's Spicy Sisig
1 can (180 grams) Mega Tuna Hot & Spicy
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Drain the tuna and set aside oil.
2. Pour tuna oil into a pan. Add the tuna and heat for a couple of minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Sauté onion and garlic. Add the bell pepper, stirring briefly.
4. Stir in the cooked tuna.
5. Add oyster sauce, mayonnaise, sugar and chicharon. Mix well.
6. Add the eggs. Mix well until cooked.
7. Serve and enjoy.
Avocado Salad Bowl
1 can (180 grams) Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil, drained
1 English cucumber, sliced
3 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cilantro
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons sea salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large salad bowl, combine cucumber, avocado, red onion, tuna, and cilantro.
2. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Mix well and serve.
Photos from @megapuretuna