This All-Veggie Curry Is So Flavorful, We Promise You Won’t Miss The Meat
Yellow Vegetable Curry
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 red chili (optional)
- 2 to 3 cans coconut milk
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup green beans, cut 2 inches
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- cilantro, garnish
1. Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, ginger, carrots, and potatoes. Cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add curry powder, coriander, cumin, kaffir leaves, red chili (optional), coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add green beans, reduce heat and continue cooking for 4 to 7 minutes.
4. Then add red bell pepper, broccoli, eggplant, and tomatoes. Adjust salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Do not overcook the vegetables.
To avoid a soggy veggie stew, blanch the vegetables first by briefly boiling them, then plunging them in ice water to stop the cooking. Blanching ensures the vegetables stay bright and tender crisp.
This recipe first appeared in FOOD Magazine, April-May 2015 Issue
Styling by Pixie Rodrigo Sevilla
Photography by Paulo Valenzuela