5 Top Tips from Interior Design Experts Ivy and Cynthia Almario
Famous interior designers and sisters Ivy and Cynthia Almario's range of style spans the traditional to modern, European to Mid-Century, and many more in between. Their firm, Atelier Almario, has done residences of both the high and mighty and the discreet and deliberately low-profile movers and shakers. Their home shop, Shelter, carries highly covetable design titles, Christian Lacroix stationery, and a well-curated collection of home accessories and small furniture items. Here, the dynamic design duo shares their top interior design tips:
1. Don't neglect the little details, such as the pillows, the bed covers, and the window treatments.
2. Take into account the life you will live in your home, the flow of people living together, and the kind of entertaining you will do.
3. Bring home ideas from your travels.
4. But don't have too many ideas in one space. A unifying theme or look can really bring visual harmony, and that can bring a sense of ease and relaxation.
5. Don't be afraid of color. Yes, we can do wonders with beige and white, but there's a whole world of color to enjoy and have fun with.
Photographs by Paola Aseron (Interiors) and Mau Mauricio (portrait)