8 Things You Should Expect From The International Furniture Fair Singapore 2018
One of the most anticipated events in the design industry, the International Furniture Fair Singapore 2018 is back to showcase a bevy of artwork and designs from numerous countries around the world. A celebration of world-class talent and craftsmanship, this year’s show promises a whole new experience: introduction to the latest design technologies, a highly dynamic collection from a variety of artisans, and an open venue for new business network opportunities. But apart from these exciting ventures, the IFFS has more in store for its guests. Here are eight things you should not miss when you drop by the Singapore EXPO (which is happening till March 11) for the fair!
1. The 35th ASEAN Furniture Show and NOOK Asia 2018. IFFS will be simultaneously exhibited along with these two other fête, assuring a multifaceted viewing experience for everyone.
2. More goods from India and Indonesia. This year, the spotlight is on India and Indonesia. There was an unabated interest in the fair from Indian and Indonesian furniture manufacturers, thus giving in to the demand, presenting an extensive mix of quality carpets and rugs, furniture of traditional and modern designs, as well as furnishings and decorative accessories.
3. IFFS first-timers. France, Japan, Portugal, and Turkey presenters will have their debut this year. Expect more quality goods minus flying out to these places to get ‘em!
4. Crowd favorites. Of course, you can also get your hands on furniture favorites from Belgium, China, Hong Kong, Italy, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
5. Carte Blanche. IFFS partnered with Chantal Hamaide, the Founder of internationally-acclaimed French design magazine, Intramuros, to present Carte Blanche. As this year’s focal point, it comprises an assortment of furniture, accessories, décor and design objects that showcases the maiden collaboration between Hamaide and ARRO Studio. Also expect to see brands such as Bensimon Maison, Designerbox, Ege, Elliptic Circle, Gallery S. Bensimon, Grafunkt, Maison Fragile, Revology, Sancal, and VARIAN® by CULTUREIN!
6. The Italian New Renaissance. World-renowned Italian designer Giulio Cappellini returns once again to curate an exclusive feature area called the Italian New Renaissance. Experience walking through the Renaissance period in this immersive spot–a one-of-a-kind!
7. Augmented Reality (AR) technology on site! Of course, times call for innovation, and IFFS serves as the perfect platform for change. 20 leading exhibitors will showcase an expanded product range and extend their brand presence beyond the physical constraints of their booths. There will also be an interactive 4D experience of participating exhibitors’ products by scanning the respective logos on the Show Directory with their smartphones. Cool!
8. LiftOff. At the end of the day, it’s not just a gala of the glitzy and glamorous. IFFS will present LiftOff, a platform for designers to garner financial support to convert their novel ideas into reality. With this concept, the show becomes an all-around feat. And with all these, things are looking more exciting than ever for the future of the trade.