Inspirations For Your Bundle Of Joy's First Bedroom
Every square footage in an apartment is precious and it gets a bit more challenging with sleepless nights, frantic cries, and wet diapers that come along when the little bundle of joy arrives. Shop smart with baby furniture, and get organized. Creative thinking can go a long way in stretching the space you have. Here’s how:
1. Install a diaper supply shelf on the wall or place on the floor as long as it’s at an easy-to-reach height. Choose a spot close to where you typically change the baby. Stack diapers, washcloths, wipes, and creams.
2. Use the space under the crib. This space is often forgotten, but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t store boxes of out-of-season clothes, toys, or extra diapers underneath. Cribs with large storage drawers that fit underneath are perfect for keeping large blankets and other essentials.
3. You can never have enough storage in a kid’s room. Always look for furniture pieces that are double duty like the bedside table with drawers or one that you can use as a bookshelf. Only buy pieces that are functional with storage space and not just decorative ones.
4. A sophisticated color palette with mix of pale monochromatic colors is a smart choice for small spaces. It makes it easier to add in details and texture such as wall decals as accent pieces for a fun and playful vibe.
5. Invest in a closet that will maximize every square inch. Store not only tiny clothes but also toys, bedding and extra supplies inside.
Whether your nursery is small or big, what's important, at the end of the day, is it has to be a visually delightful and totally baby-friendly room, and a place he or she can eventually play at and grow up in.
Now, here are some #NurseryInspos from the chic mommy Instagrammers here and abroad:
Another shot from Jackson's nursery reveal that went live on my blog today! I'm SO excited to be teaming up with @oilostudio and @thebabycubby for the ultimate Mothers Day Giveaway! One lucky winner will get a $1000 @thebabycubby gift card, $500 off an @oilostudio glider, AND a $200 @oilostudio bedding gift card! To enter, like this photo and follow me, @oilostudio and @thebabycubby and then head to the blog for a bonus entry (link in profile). ??
Tristan’s cactus/neutral-themed nursery is coming together!! Still have to get his closet installed, set up the changing table, and add some finishing touches, but we are soooo in love! My friend Rachel (who formerly worked at West Elm) painted these watercolor cactuses- DM me for her contact info if interested in her work. She’s INCREDIBLE! ?????????????? @michaelransom2 @stylish_bump @thejungalow