Solenn Heussaff's Designer Rugs Are The Best Christmas Gifts For The Tastemakers' Homes
There are no limits to Solenn Heussaff's artistry. The actress, TV host, singer, painter, makeup artist, author, fashion designer, entrepreneur, digital content creator, and "wifezilla" to funny man Nico Bolzico has now designed a collection of rugs for the home as well. In collaboration with Studio Soliven, the exquisitely unique Solenn Home rugs made of New Zealand wool are now available via www.studiosoliven.com.
In September, Solenn hinted at an exciting collaboration with Studio Soliven, which would allow her to create works of art for the home and at the same time extend the philanthropic aspect she integrates with them. "After visiting the street children of Kalipay, I didn't want my 'Kalsada' exhibit to end there. Working on something with @studiosoliven that will have your own children helping others," she captions her Instagram post.
Last year, Solenn held her second art exhibit titled "Kalsada" at the Provenance Gallery at Shangri-La The Fort; 20% of the proceeds from the sales of her "Kalsada" paintings went to Kalipay Negrense Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides fun, healthy, loving homes and support communities for disadvantaged children.
Recently, Solenn also collaborated with Body Party for a collection of bathing suits which feature her artworks and are made of 100% recycled fishnets and plastic bottles; 20% of the proceeds aided in saving the environment via The Save Palawan Seas Foundation.
?????? | @Regran_ed from @studiosoliven - Today was our very first #KidsTakeHeART session! So much fun painting and choosing colors for a one of a kind designer rug! A painting and a rug made just for your home. A portion of the proceeds will also go to @kalipaynegrensefoundation. For inquires or reservations, email email@example.com @solenn #SolennXStudioSoliven - #regrann
For her latest collaboration project with a brand, Solenn is able to help the kids from Kalipay Negrense Foundation once again through the "Kids Take HeART" initiative. Marco Soliven, the man behind Studio Soliven, tells Metro.Style, "It is a collaboration with Solenn and the buyer's child wherein they would have an art session first, and from the finished product of the painting, we will turn it into a one-of-a kind designer rug which is only available for the family. 20% of the proceeds will go to Kalipay Negrense Foundation."
The limited-edition 6 feet x 9 feet rugs designed by Solenn are all handmade by artisans using the best wool from New Zealand; Studio Soliven also offers bamboo silk and jute options and may have sizes customized to a client's preference. But it's not only the quality materials and craftsmanship that will convince every discerning homeowner to purchase, knowing that each rug is only available in one piece is a major factor in decision-making as well. "Every design will only be made one time so you know your rug is unique," Solenn emphasizes.
In this exclusive interview with Marco Soliven, he shares with Metro.Style the details of their collaboration with Solenn:
1. How was Studio Soliven established, and what is the brand all about? I was a photographer who loved photography and beautiful interiors, so I started by selling art prints from my photographs around 2014. Then I transitioned into making handmade rugs because a house with a rug makes such a big statement; it looks cozier and luxurious at the same time. All designs were created as well from my photographs. I wanted to give Filipino homes the feel of high-end rugs as what you can see in 5-star hotel lobbies.
2. How did the collaboration with Solenn Heussaff start? I've always appreciated art, and one day, I saw one of her paintings and thought that it would look great as a rug! I told her about the idea and, fortunately, she loved the idea as well.
3. Why is your product of choice designer rugs? I believe that rugs are a great make to complete the whole interiors of a house. It ties all the furniture and colors together. When a house has a rug, it looks more complete and softens the whole place.
5. How was Solenn's personal style in art mirrored here? What were the themes for the designs? Solenn’s designs come mostly from plants and nature. She loves nature and how simple and beautiful they are. All designs were first painted and sketched by her.
6. Is this the start of more designer collaborations for Studio Soliven? We would love to work with other artists and designers, but for now, we are focusing on Solenn Home and Solenn Designs that will be launched in 2019.
7. Where can people purchase the rug and what is the price range? People may request for the catalog by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a sales rep meet with you and bring samples and a measuring man to make sure client gets the exact size they want. They may also buy it straight from www.studiosoliven.com.
Photos from @solenn and courtesy of Marco Soliven