If You Are Tired Of Flowers And Chocolates Wrap These Up Instead
Check out this guide of unique gifts for the day of hearts
We know, we’ve still got a couple of weeks before Valentine’s Day rolls in. But before you know it, getting that perfect gift for your partner may turn into a rushed, whatever-I-grabbed-from-the-store kind of present because you’ve been putting off shopping from your to-dos, and you don’t want that to happen! So while you still have time, check out specialty stores to find what gift will make Heart’s Day extra special this year.
If you’re tired of the same old things you get every V-day, maybe turn it up a notch and surprise him or her with something a little domestic? Whether you’re both a homebody or just love seeing a nice thing inside your home at the end of the day, this thoughtful gesture tells your other half that you actually love spending time with them. Make them cherish your home more—these gift suggestions are unique and pretty as it’s practical! Bonus: You can get one for yourself, too, so consider these options as a guide to home twinning! You’re welcome.
1. Engraved wine glasses. We all love wine nights, especially when done at home, with candles lit, ambient light, some cheese and crackers, and romantic music in the background. Make it more memorable by getting yourselves wine glasses with your initials (or even names!) engraved on it? Personalized items make the best gifts! Find these at Oliver & Maude (www.oliverandmaude.com).
2. Cute plant pots.Can’t get an actual pet? Getting this pot is a good alternative! If your partner loves succulents, he/she will enjoy taking care of your little green buddy planted in this little animal pot! It also comes in other designs like a pug, a Shih tzu, and even a whale! Find this at Ennoble (@ennobleph).
3. Indoor plants. Or maybe, grow a bigger plant together. It’s low-maintenance and a great hobby to start together, especially if you’re living in a high-rise and can’t create your own garden. Find a pretty variety that speaks of your partner’s personality. Find your plant match at PGD Botanique (@pgdbotanique).
4. Letter kit. Make traditional love letters your thing again! Officiate this by gifting him/her with this letter kit—with a letter opener, pen holder, and tray to fire up the excitement of writing down sweet nothings again to each other. The fine craftsmanship of this Salvatori pieces is a handsome bonus to the package. Find this set at Home Studio (63 Connecticut St., Greenhills, San Juan).
5. Scented candles. There’s nothing better than going home to your favorite scent. Delight the senses of the most important one for Valentine’s Day with his/her favorite scented candles they can use for their respective me-time. Get one of their go-to scents and a new one you think they’ll enjoy lighting up. They’ll love you for it! Find these at Caroll & Chan (3F Podium Mall).
6. Room & linen sprays.If candles aren’t enough, best to go big—in the bedroom, that it. Room and linen sprays are a smart choice, especially for those in love with their personal sanctuaries. Indulge them in fragrant smells that will help them fall asleep like they’re always on vacation. Find these at @omartisanfragrances.
6. Coasters. Won’t matching coasters be sweet? Ditch ones with artwork or calligraphy, and grab these crystal coasters instead for a more sophisticated, less cheesy route. Dine in at home for two? Call it a date. Find these at Oliver & Maude (www.oliverandmaude.com).
7. Loveseat. Imagine nights binge-watching on Netflix with your honey as you comfortably lounge in a loveseat with your popcorn and a cozy blanket. Sounds like an ideal date, yes? Gift them with a lovely couch where you can spend more quality time together! Find this at Normann Copenhagenn (UGF One Uptown Residence, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City).
8. A one-of-a-kind art. If your loved one is an art connoisseur, get a piece that he/she can look at all day for inspiration. This glass sculpture from renowned Swedish glassworks house Målerås is carefully hand-painted by artisans from Sweden, and has only a few pieces available for sale on the market. Find this at Home Studio (63 Connecticut St., Greenhills, San Juan).