Could This Be The End Of Kimye? Kanye West's Instability Is Making Kim Kardashian Consider A Divorce
First there was his breakdown, then there were talks of a divorce, and now, Kim's walking the red carpet solo.
The legendary couple composed of Keeping Up With the Kardashians star Kim Kardashian and musician Kanye West has hit some pretty rocky territory as of late.
While the celebrity husband and wife are no strangers to challenging times (remember when Kim was robbed in Paris? Or what about Kanye's nervous breakdown that got him hospitalized in 2016?), this time might just be the end of the line for their marriage.
Kim, after all, is already a mom of three and has been concentrating on raising her kids. Unfortunately, Kanye's bewildering behavior and mental instability are proving to be too much for a now family-oriented woman like her to handle.
The 37-year-old’s family has managed to keep the details of her marital stress away from prying eyes, but her most recent appearance at the 2018 Met Gala red carpet sans her husband suggests that she and Kanye could really be calling it quits.
For those who haven't been keeping up with the events leading up to this moment, here's a quick recap of Kanye's (infamous) Tweets that have provided insight into the situation:
- Kanye returns to Twitter after a long absence from social media. He doesn't take long to fall back to old habits by Tweeting strange messages that made little sense to his followers.
The psychological zombie effect— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 22, 2018
I'm super chaaaaaarged. Bout to take this whole thing to mars— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 23, 2018
- Days afterwards, he gets political, calls Donald Trump his brother, shows off a signed "Make American Great Again" hat, and continues to advise his millions of followers to support and practice free thought.
You don't have to agree with trump but the mob can't make me not love him. We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. I love everyone. I don't agree with everything anyone does. That's what makes us individuals. And we have the right to independent thought.— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 25, 2018
my MAGA hat is signed ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? pic.twitter.com/DrDHJybS8V— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 25, 2018
- He hints at writing a "self-help" book (a collection of his tweets) that no publisher will pick up, so he'll accomplish it himself.
oh by the way this is my book that I'm writing in real time. No publisher or publicist will tell me what to put where or how many pages to write. This is not a financial opportunity this is an innate need to be expressive.— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 18, 2018
- Kanye engages philosophical debate by questioning the concept of being "god-fearing."
I don't subscribe the term and concept of God fearing. That's a dated mentality that was used to control people. We are in the future. If God is love and love it's the opposite of fear then...?????? to fear God makes no sense ????????????????????— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 21, 2018
- Kanye fires his manager and lawyer, and announces it on Twitter. He says he got rid of them because they refused to work for him full-time.
yes I got rid of my last lawyer why? Because he wouldn't come to work full time. I also asked my last manager to come work full time for Yeezy of course the last lawyer and manager said no. So now I hired a CEO and a CFO and i have two full time lawyers as of now.— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 25, 2018
- He also got a little too revealing about his personal life. He posted a series of photos of his million-dollar mansion he shares with Kim for the public to see, and was "reprimanded" by Kim on Twitter for the over-share.
more tweets from the sunken place ?? pic.twitter.com/nJQdQ2aVKn— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 25, 2018
- Kanye wreaks havoc on the Internet by calling the slavery of millions of African-Americans' ancestors a "choice." The tweet has since been deleted.
there was a time when slavery was the trend and apparently that time is still upon us. But now it's a mentality.— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 22, 2018
- He announces that he wants to add an architectural arm to his fashion and design empire, Yeezy, out of nowhere. This comes after Kanye proclaiming that he wants to build his own Yeezy "community" by constructing houses during a YouTube interview with Charlamagne tha God.
we’re starting a Yeezy architecture arm called Yeezy home. We’re looking for architects and industrial designers who want to make the world better— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) May 6, 2018
And all throughout, there was Kim:
- Kanye has been fiercely defended by Kim whenever there would be public outcry for any of his Tweets or statements. She's called him a man ahead of his time and a free thinker, among other things, to emphasize the fact that she was loyally standing by her man, no matter what.
He’s a free thinker, is that not allowed in America? Because some of his ideas differ from yours you have to throw in the mental health card? That’s just not fair. He’s actually out of the sunken place when he’s being himself which is very expressive— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 25, 2018
Now when he spoke out about Trump... Most people (including myself) have very different feelings & opinions about this. But this is HIS opinion. I believe in people being able to have their own opinions,even if really different from mine— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 25, 2018
He never said he agrees with his politics
Kanye will never run in the race of popular opinion and we know that and that’s why I love him and respect him and in a few years when someone else says the same exact thing but they aren’t labeled the way he is and you will all praise them! Kanye is years ahead of his time— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 25, 2018
However, with Kanye's inability to control his impulses and a tendency to share all his thoughts without weighing the consequences, the burden has fallen on Kim to keep controversy at bay.
There's been talk that the stress of managing her husband has made Kim consider a divorce, and that her mom, Kris Jenner, has been the only person in her life able to talk her out of it—for now.
This is the second major heartbreak the Kardashian-Jenner brood has faced this year. Kim's sister Khloe is still reeling from news about her longtime partner, Tristan, cheating on her with multiple women throughout the course of her pregnancy.
For now, let's just concentrate on Kim's jaw-dropping arrival at the Met Gala. Even without a date, Kim looked every inch a complete woman in a figure-hugging gold number by Versace. Her signature charcoal eyes, pouty lips, and sleek hair completed her look to one of fashion’s most awaited nights.
She didn’t disappoint.
Where Kanye was or what he was up to during this time has yet to be revealed.
Cover and content image from @kimkardashian