Everything You Need To Know About Jachin Manere and Adela Mae Marshall, The Two Filipinas Joining Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 6
They're in it to win it, and won't settle for less.
When Filipino-German stunner Maureen Wroblewitz took home the gold in last year's edition of Asia's Next Top Model (ASNTM), her victory gave other Filipina models another reason to dream bigger and aim higher. As the first Pinay to win the reality program's coveted title, Maureen proved that it could be done, and now, we have 21-year-old Jach and 20-year-old Adela to trust to nab a back-to-back win.
To get to know the two beauties who will soon be showcasing what Filipino talent can contribute to the world stage, check out these ultimate lists of everything you need to know about Jach and Adela below.
Jachin "Jach" Manere
- She's often been called a Pia Wurtzbach look-alike, and a Kris Bernal twin, too! In some of her photos, she can also bear a resemblance to Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa.
- Linda Evangelista is her fashion model icon.
- She's handled by the Professional Models Association of the Philippines.
- Responsibility is not new to Jach. She has depended on herself for her financial needs.
- Her love for fashion is what got her first interested in modeling, a profession which she assures is not all glamor and beauty, but defined by hard work and self-confidence.
- Jach is naturally inquisitive and enjoys learning about all things that interest her.
Adela Mae Marshall
- Adela's creative endeavors extend from fashion to music. She's a guitar and piano player, and writes songs, too. In fact, she's a recent Viva Records recruit.
- Although she grew up in England, she willingly moved to the Philippines in 2016 to get to know her mother's side of the family better, and to learn more about her Filipino roots.
- She doesn't intend on depending on her mestiza looks to land projects. She knows it takes dedication to succeed, and she's more than willing to give exactly that.
- Describing herself as a real goofball, Adela is a sociable person who enjoys making new connections.
- She's in love with the Filipino people and the Philippines' tropical weather, but isn't so keen on dealing with city traffic day in and day out.
- Prima Stella Management is Adela's agency, the same agency that handles Maureen Wroblewitz.
As professional models in the Philippines who have been featured in commercials, print photo shoots and fashion editorials, Jach and Adela are set to go head to head with other ASNTM aspirants from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand, and Singapore.
Photos from @adelamae @jachmanere