12 Quotable Quotes From Kris Aquino's FB & IG Live Message And Challenge To Mocha Uson
Kris Aquino has had enough of Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson's "kabastusan" towards her parents, former Philippine Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino and former President of the Philippines, Cory Aquino.
In a Facebook post addressed to Mocha last night, June 5, Kris said, "Marami akong pinalagpas. Binalahura mo na ang buong pagkatao ng pamilya namin... Kung may gusto kang punching bag, please ako na lang. Kasi buhay ako, kaya kitang sagutin. At hindi kita uurungan." This was accompanied by a video that showed screenshots of the headlines, quotes, and blog posts of Mocha that pertain to Kris' parents.
With her social media influence and a powerful digital platform like hers, the Queen of All Media utilized Facebook and Instagram Live sessions to voice out her thoughts on the clip that Mocha uploaded on her own Facebook page last June 4. The video shows a clip of President Rodrigo Duterte kissing an OFW in South Korea during his 3-day official visit there, which was cringe-worthy and inappropriate for some. The text on the video reads: "Masagwa daw ito???" It was immediately followed by a footage of Ninoy, who was kissed by two women, inside the plane before he was assasinated at the Manila International Airport in 1983. This, on the other hand, had the caption: "Pero ito hindi??? Paki-explain???"
Asec Mocha Uson - marami akong pinalagpas. Binalahura mo na ang buong pagkatao ng pamilya namin... Mapapansin mo si Noy, hindi parte ng video ko dahil BUHAY siya. Kaya niyang depensahan ang sarili niya. Pero nung napanuod ko yung inupload mo para depensahan si presidente Duterte (na ni minsan hindi ko pinakitaan nang hindi maganda) alam mo ba kung ano ang ginawa mo? Sinariwa mo ang sugat sa puso ng isang batang 12 years old nung pinaslang ng walang kalaban laban ang kanyang ama. Umiyak ako nang tuloy tuloy dahil NAINGGIT ako sa 2 babaeng nakahalik sa Dad ko bago siya pinatay. Isang regalong hindi binigay sa nanay ko na walang tigil mo ring binabastos. Nangako akong hindi kita papatulan - but this time you crossed the line. You reminded me of how much I hurt my mom nung buntis ako kay Josh & na-disown ako pero nung 1 month si kuya - naglakas loob akong pumunta sa Times Street & once kinarga niya 'yung apo niya - siya na 'yung pinakanagmahal sa anak kong may autism. Pinaalala mo na nung issue namin ni Joey, nung umamin ako sa STD, niyakap lang ako ng nanay ko. Sa lahat ng naging palpak sa buhay ko - 'yun siguro ang kaibahan namin - WALA KAMING PINAGTAKPAN. Wala kaming ginamit. Inako ko lahat ng mali ko at dahil nga minahal ako ng nanay ko at gusto kong maging mabuting ina - sinisikap kong ayusin ang buhay ko. Kaya ngayon hihiramin ko ang salita niya: TAMA NA. SOBRA NA... Kung may gusto kang punching bag, please ako na lang. Kasi buhay ako, kaya kitang sagutin. At hindi kita uurungan. ??????????
Kris said that she thought about whether she should retort to Mocha's post and "stoop down to her level" or not since in her own words, "kasi higante naman talaga 'yung binangga ko and inaamin ko 'yun." But in the end, she knows that this issue is not about her but about the legacy of the two people she loves, so she had to speak up and do something to defend her parents.
The 17-minute live session on Facebook and Instagram was emotional, with Kris sharing the lessons her dad and her mom had taught her growing up, while showing what a strong and dignified woman she has become. Here are some of the heartwarming and brave statements Kris said in her social media post, which currently has more than 4 million views and was captioned with #LabanKris:
1. "I cried. I really, really cried. And I am stopping myself from crying now, because turo ng mom, dapat never show them that they hurt you. But yes, I was hurt."
2. "If there is one thing I got from my dad, it’s courage. It’s courage to be able to speak up for those who cannot speak. It’s courage to be able to speak your truth and to say what you want to say but still be respectful, and to not be afraid to go against giants."
3. "Ginagawa ko ito because I want my sons to see what I am willing to do for my mom and for my dad, because when I’m no longer here, gustong-gusto ko na si Bimb, ipagtanggol ako."
4. "Hindi perpekto ang buhay ko, inunahan ko po kayong lahat, open book ang buhay ko… Alam ko kung ano ang pinagdaanan ko, alam ko kung ano’ng nakaraan ko pero alam ko din na meron tayong mapagpatawad na Diyos. At alam ko kung ano na ako ngayon at ’yun ang importante—what you make of yourself because of those mistakes. And if I allow those mistakes and those lies about my parents to continue, I am not worthy to carry their name."
5. "I am ready for you, and this is a direct challenge to you. Face me. Face me anywhere. Text me, you can find my number. Ang dali. Name the place. Name the location. Let’s carry it live. Bring all your followers. I can stand alone. But stop it. Stop doing this to two people who have never hurt you. Hindi ka nila binastos dahil patay na sila."
6. "The truth is, my father is a hero. Yes, my father died for this country."
7. "I will get a scolding from my mom if I cry now, that’s why I am fighting the tears. My mom will say, 'Krissy, this is the time that you do not cry,' so I am doing everything in my power to not cry."
8. "This is not about me, this is about the legacy of two people I love. Say the harshest words you want, I can take it. But spare my parents. Hindi nila deserve ang kabastusan mo dahil binigay nila ang buhay nila para sa mga Pilipino."
9. "Stop hurting people who do not hurt you. Stop hurting people who cannot fight back for themselves."
10. "I’m ready for you. I don’t know if you’re ready for me."
11. "Before I was anything else, I was Ninoy’s daughter, and I will always be Cory’s daughter."
12. "We are all human beings who deserve respect, and I am just fighting for respect."
Photo from @krisaquino