Moira dela Torre Served Music, Poetry, And Feels In Her Star-Studded "Tagpuan" Concert
Moira dela Torre’s first major concert in KIA theater dominated social media feeds over the weekend. The concert-goers went on an emotional rollercoaster ride during the two-night show that gathered all her fans, ready for a cry fest.
The singer is known for her soothing and emotional music, her voice comes with intense passion that pierces through every listener’s heart. From her beginnings as a contestant of The Voice Philippines in 2013, Moira enjoyed mainstream popularity after the movie Camp Sawi, for which her song "Malaya" served as one of the official soundtracks.
Since then, Moira's voice has been heard pretty much everywhere—from radio stations and music channels, television shows and film soundtracks. Her viral songs include her covers of "Sundo" and "Torete" and originals "Tagpuan" and "Titibo-tibo" (the winning 2017 Himig Handog song composed by Libertine Amistoso and was interpreted by Moira), which sparked a recent controversy about the hit’s central theme that was linked to the LGBTQI+ community. But this year opened brightly for her, with her bouncing back from all the bashing and just focusing on the people supporting her and her craft.
Her "Tagpuan" concert proves that this young star has so much more to offer to the local industry. Here are the highlights of her star-studded, two-night concert:
1. Major stars joined Moira onstage! Superb performances from Moira and her guest stars gave the #feels to all concert-goers! In attendance: Richard Poon, AJ Rafael, Inigo Pascual, Yeng Constantino, Sam Milby, Claudia Barretto, Kiana Valenciano, Ylona Garcia, and Kyle Echarri! Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto watched the concert and even greeted Moira backstage.
2. Bela Padilla and Angelica Panganiban performed spoken poetry! Moira’s concert was definitely filled with so much emotions (aka hugot), courtesy of these two ladies!
3. A sweet moment onstage with The Boo. All was feeling the love as Moira performed a few songs with her boyfriend, Jason Marvin! The crowd favorite? When they sang “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran.
4. Album alert! Moira sold copies of her physical album Malaya that night, which was supposed to be released on March. Excited fans were eager to get their hands on it!
5. "Malaya." Of course, it was the song that her fans were waiting for. Complete silence from the crowd welcomed the verses, “Pasensya na kung papatulugin na muna / Ang pusong napagod kakahintay.”
Photos from @cornerstone