Top 5 Things You Should Know About Couple Diane Kruger And Norman Reedus
Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus were head-turners and conversation starters at the Golden Globes 2018, where they made their red carpet debut as a couple. Their date night became more memorable as Diane’s movie In the Fade won the covetable Best Motion Picture – Foreign Language award.
#NormanReedus and #DianeKruger made their red carpet debut as a couple for the first time on Sunday at the #GoldenGlobes! ??#TheWalkingDead star and the #InTheFade actress, who went public with their relationship earlier this year, were dressed in black to promote the #TimesUp initiative. ??: Christopher Polk/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
This is the first time that the German-born actress starred in a film in her native tongue. She joined the film’s director Fatih Akin onstage to receive the award and said, “I am so privileged to do what I love, and thank you for elevating this movie, even though it’s foreign language.”
Attending the awards night as each other’s date is one thing, but making your relationship official through a major PDA moment is definitely something else. Diane, 41, and Norman, 49, have been gracing events together, fueling rumors of a romance, but absolutely not at this level, where they shared a short yet passionate kiss just before she went up onstage to receive her film’s award. A few days before the Golden Globes, they were spotted together on a romantic vacation in Costa Rica.
To show her support for the Time’s Up protest, Diane walked the red carpet in a stunning black halter polka dot gown with a sheer cape detail by Prada. The Walking Dead star complemented Diane’s look with an all-black suit which he accessorized with the Time’s Up pin, worn in honor of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund.
Hollywood just got a little more exciting with this new couple alert. Here are things you should know about Diane, Norman, and their relationship so far:
1. This couple first met in 2015 on the set of their English language French-German drama film Sky. In the movie, Diane played the role of Romy, a French woman who went on a vacation in California with her husband Richard (played by Gilles Lellouche). The characters Romy and Richard got into a fight, which eventually led them to break up. She then went on to work in Las Vegas, wherein she met Diego (Norman Reedus). They later fell in love with each other, with the story ending in a dramatic turn of events. Diane’s ex and boyfriend of 10 years, Joshua Jackson, was also part of the film.
2. In July 2016, Diane and Joshua announced their breakup. Two weeks prior to the announcement, Diane was rumored to have attended a dinner with Norman in Tuscany for Rosetta Getty’s annual July 4th party. In an interview with website Vulture, Diane commented about the split, “That was something that was a long time coming. Also we broke up many months before we said we were broken up, so by the time I made that decision, it didn’t feel like it was so urgent anymore. You don’t break up overnight after 10 years, you know what I mean?”
3. Rumors about them being an item started back in December 2015, when they were reportedly spotted making out and “were all over each other” in an East Village dive bar in New York while her then boyfriend and their Sky co-star and former Dawson’s Creek star Joshua Jackson was in the Philippines, shooting for the American documentary TV series Years of Living Dangerously for the National Geographic Channel.
4. It was in March 2017 when Diane and Norman went public with their relationship. They were reportedly seen “passionately kissing” for about half an hour on a street in New York after a night of drinking.
5. They both have colorful love lives. Before dating Joshua, she was married for five years to French director Guillaume Canet. He, on the other hand, was in a relationship with supermodel Helena Christensen; they have a teen son named Mingus, who is following in his mother’s footsteps, and debuted last year at New York Fashion Week, where he walked the runway for Calvin Klein.
Photos from @entertainmentweekly (thumbnail and cover photo)