It’s True—Zac Efron and Alexandra Daddario Are An Item, and We Have Proof!
It’s not unusual to hear dating rumors between movie co-stars, but if we’re talking about Zac Efron, we might as well be all eyes and ears. The actor’s love life is never a secret—in fact, if we are to assess how the former High School Musical heartthrob shows the apple of his eye, he’s not subtle in throwing hints, too! Now, there's a new girl on the radar who's being linked to him: his Baywatch leading lady Alexandra Daddario.
If she looks familiar, you’ve probably seen her in the Percy Jackson series opposite Logan Lerman, whom she was formerly engaged to. In 2014, she nabbed a lead role for disaster film San Andreas with Dwayne Johnson, who’s also her co-star in Baywatch. Or maybe, you noticed her in romance flick The Choice where Alexandra had a supporting role.
Now, we’re intrigued—is Alexandra and Zac really together? We looked for signs and can pretty much conclude that they indeed look really good together. A source told People that the two have been seeing each other "on and off since their time working together on the movie last year, but they are not officially dating."
Here, we've compiled evidence about their rumored relationship:
1. He kissed her at a public event. Alexandra Instagrammed a photo with Zac kissing her on her cheeks in May of last year; it was taken during the MTV Movie and TV Awards night. The two were seated beside each other and it was hard to miss their PDA.
2. They're not shy about "PDA" on social media. Zac is consistently liking and commenting on Alexandra’s Instagram posts; his most recent comment wouldn't pass as something exchanged between friends. The 32-year-old actress shared a picture of her and her dog staring at each other, which Zac was quick to comment on: “Two hot bitches,” followed by a number of emoticons.
3. They go on casual dates. And speaking of dogs, the two were seen getting dog supplies at a Los Angeles pet store, laughing together and enjoying each other’s company, while looking very much like they're on a date.
4. ...and may even go on a "doggie date," too! This love for dogs seems to draw them closer, as proven by this post by Zac with his dog, which she commented on with “Angel dog.” He immediately replied to that comment, asking Alexandra for a “doggie date.”
5. Their Instagram PDA is enough proof of the special relationship between them. While they haven't made their relationship Instagram official yet, on Alexandra’s birthday, he dedicated a rather cheesy post for his Baywatch co-star, to greet her a happy birthday. According to Zac, Alexandra is "one of the most real, down to earth, stunning, intelligent, creative, loving, and most rare Pokemon ever created." The photo that was posted along with this caption showed Zac embracing Alexandra as she’s sitting on his lap.
6. Having each other is probably the best birthday gift for both of them. They were present at each other’s birthday parties, making the events even more special than they already are. Need we say more?