Dig Out Your Korea Photos, Relive Your Favorite Travel Moments And Win A Prize! Want To Know How? Check This Out
Pause that K-drama for now and dig up those travel photos from your last Korean adventure! Post your favorite photos on social media and win a prize. Here’s how!
If you’re like us at Metro.Style, then you must have spent a good number of hours binge-watching the latest K-drama shows on streaming while we’re on lockdown. We won’t deny that our K-drama fixation has taken us from one series to the next, and that we’ve come to the point that we’re close to making kimchi at home (or have made steak ram-don a la Parasite). But the hardest part of being on enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) is that we can’t satisfy our Korean wanderlust any time soon.
But who says you can’t reminisce and relive your Korean adventure—and even win a prize?
Korea Tourism Organization has launched the “Relive Your Korea Trip: Korean Travel Memory Event,” an online contest inviting fans of Korea to upload photos of their favorite travel moments in the Land of the Morning Calm.
Here’s a simple step-by-step to get you started:
1. Bring out all your travel photos from your Korea trip (or trips!). Choose the best ones.
2. Make a new post on your social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and upload the photo.
3. Add a caption or two.
4. Place the hashtags #VisitKorea #KoreaTrip or the location where your photo was taken.
6. Once posted, copy the URL of your post.
7. Go to the Visit Korea website here to submit your entry.
Click on “Agree” and hit “Participate.”
8. Paste the URL of your social media post on the online entry form and fill in the requested information on the page. Then click on “Submit.”
9. Make your hand into a fist, and say, “Aja! Aja! Fighting!” You’re done submitting your first entry. Good luck!
To increase your chances of winning, here are a few things to remember:
• Only photos uploaded starting April 29, 2020 will be considered valid submissions. This means you can use old photos, but make a new post (or repost an old one). Deadline of submission of entries is until May 24, 2020 only.
• You can submit multiple entries! Yes, you read it right. There are no limits to the number of photo entries you can submit. So go ahead, make the most out of your thousands of snapshots in Nami Island, Bukchon Hanok Village, Gyeongbokgung Palace, Namsan Tower, Itaewon or even in Dal.komm Coffee!
• Make sure you have the hashtags.
• Use your best photos. The winning photos will be selected by a panel of judges and will be based on user votes. So invite your family and friends to support your efforts!
• Be active on VisitKorea’s various social media channels.
While we can’t promise that you’ll win a date with Hyun Bin, Park Seo-joon, or any of these hot Korean leading men, you might just be one of the 100 who will win a new Samsung Galaxy S20 phone! Other prizes include 100 Samsung Buds Plus and 300 $40 Amazon Gift Cards. That’s not so bad, right?
Remember, if Park Seo-joon never gave up on his dreams, then why should you? Now you can go back to your Korean language classes. Annyeonghaseyo!
Photo by Johen Redman on Unsplash.