Tricia Centenera’s Summer-y Christmas in Sydney
Tricia Centenera is a woman constantly on the go. She is much sought after as an event host and commercial model. But she has also caught the entrepreneur bug, producing coffee-based body scrubs under the brand Scrub Talulah (@scrubtalulah). To relax for the holidays, Tricia usually jets to Australia’s capital city for some much-needed R&R with family and friends. She happily shares her insider tips on making the most of the holidays during Sydney’s hot summer months.
How we celebrate
In Sydney, Christmas is always by the pool with family with lots of seafood, beer, and good wine! We all still sit around the Christmas tree in in the morning in our pajamas. Our niece hands out all the gifts and we all open them together. It doesn't matter how old we get, my parents have kept that tradition.
My top things to do over the holidays
- Swim in Bondi Beach and make sure you do the “Bondi to Bronte” beach cliff walk, about a 6-kilometer hike each way (http://www.australia.com/en/places/sydney-and-surrounds/guide-to-the-bondi-to-bronte-coastal-walk.html)
- Have breakfast under the Harbour Bridge in Kirribilli.
- Shop on Oxford Street (https://www.sydney.com/things-to-do/fashion-and-shopping/shopping-streets)
- Have a drink at the Opera Bar, sandwiched between the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. https://operabar.com.au
My 5 quintessential Sydney eats
- Café Sydney: https://cafesydney.com
- Icebergs: https://icebergs.com.au
- Catalina: http://catalinarosebay.com.au
- The Sheaf: https://thesheaf.com.au
- Woolloomooloo Wharf: https://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/sydney-city/potts-point-and-woolloomooloo/restaurants
3) Top things to do
- Swim at bondi beach making sure you get to to the 'bondi to bronte' beach cliff walk, it's about a 6k hike each way.
- Have breakfast under the Harbour Bridge in Kirribili
- Shop on Oxford Street
My hidden spot only the locals know
Sydney’s well-kept secret is Milk Beach within the Sydney Harbour National Park, in the Eastern suburbs in Vaucluse. Good luck if you can find it!
Follow Tricia on Instagram @triciacentenera