The Right Drink: How To Maximize The Benefits Of Green Tea To Achieve Your Fitness Goals
Discover how you can make the most out of Lipton Green Tea to get in shape!
With all the possibilities of a fresh New Year, there’s no better time to start on your resolutions to make healthier choices!
This journey is often arduous—setting your goals, doing the research, making the right decisions, and committing to consistency. Some days, you feel 100%; some days you don’t. Either way, you wake up and show up to become the best version of yourself.
Getting fit is largely physical, but many experts claim that weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Hence, you should be paying attention to what you’re feeding your body just as much as you’re working it out (if not more).
Whether you’re trying to lose weight, trying to maintain it, or simply looking to make healthier dietary choices, one of the easiest ways to feed your body right is to incorporate some Lipton Green Tea into your daily routine.
Green tea, which comes from the Camellia sinensis plant, offers a host of benefits to the human body as a natural source of antioxidants. Thanks to its L-theanine content, an amino acid found in tea, it’s known to improve brain function, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and strengthen bones, just to name a few.
Read on to find out how you can maximize its numerous health benefits as you go through your fitness journey!
1. Drink a cup of Lipton Green Tea before your workout. The caffeine in green tea can boost your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories during physical activity. Caffeine is also known to enhance your performance as it can lessen exercise-related pain. Thus, it’s the perfect alternative to your usual morning coffee! Tea also contains only about a third of the caffeine in coffee (about 28mg per cup vs. brewed coffee’s 95mg), so it’s perfect if you’re watching your caffeine intake.
2. Reach for green tea instead of sugary drinks.
With tea being 99.5% water, it’s just as hydrating and refreshing as your good ol’ H2O. It’s a great way to achieve the recommended daily fluid intake of 2 to 2.5 liters per day, so you can enjoy it without any guilt.
3. Steep your green tea at the right temperature. Lipton Green Tea is best brewed in boiled water that’s left to cool a little. If you don’t have a beverage thermometer at home, this may take a bit of eyeballing; but if you already have one, you can go for 160 to 180 degrees F to draw out its amazing flavor!
4. Don’t leave the bag too long. When it comes to tea, the perfect brew can’t be rushed. Green tea is great because it contains zero calories when unsweetened. (Yes, zero!) However, it’s known to taste bitter if you steep it for longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Keep this in mind if you prefer to enjoy it on its own for less calories. You can always adjust steeping time as you brew more cups to suit your taste.
5. Limit your intake to 3 or 4 cups of green tea per day. Because Lipton Green Tea is all-natural and chock-full of benefits, it’s always great to have on-hand especially if you want to steer clear of other sugar-laden drinks. Keep in mind the suggested consumption per day, though, so you can stay within safe caffeine limits.
When it comes to green tea, there’s more than enough reason to drink it than to spill it! To learn more about the benefits of the delightfully light and fresh Lipton Green Tea, read more about it on lipton.com.
Banner photo (yoga) by Jade Stephens on Unsplash