Drinking Fruits And Veggies Is A Key To Good Health. Here's Why!
While we can easily complement our diets with multi-vitamins and the like, nothing beats getting our daily nutrients via the food that we eat.
And when it comes to meeting our daily needs for vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, a quick and easy – and delicious way! – to consume them is through juice. Not the pre-loaded, sugary stuff you buy packed at the grocery store; but the real, wholesome goodness of fruit and vegetables in freshly squeezed juice!
But what are the benefits of juicing?
1. Unlike cooking your veggies, which destroy valuable micronutrients, consuming your fruits and veggies raw via juicing ensures that you get more energy and goodness from every sip. In addition, juicing makes the fruits and veggies easier to digest and absorb by the body.
2. Juicing is convenient especially for those on the go. Not all of us have the time or patience to prepare fresh meals in the morning. Now you can. Juicing allows you to consume your fruits and veggies in the most convenient way.
According to studies, it’s recommended that you get at least 2.5 cups of vegetables and 2 cups of fruit a day (based on a 2,000-calorie diet). Juicing can be one of the ways you can ensure that you meet your diet intake.
3. Fresh juice helps us maintain a healthy gut. Food rich in probiotics such as leeks and bananas are said to help the good bacteria in our digestive track, while green leafy veggies rich in Vitamin C and E and folate help to fight off certain cancers.
4. Juicing is also a great way to have your kids “eat” their veggies. Picky-eaters won’t be intimidated by a delicious glass of juice which can include up to two cups of greens. One treat you can make for your kids is to freeze the juice, so they have refreshing popsicles when they’re looking for a quick snack.
5. Switch up your drinks by adding herbs and spices for another layer of flavor. Try mint, parsley, or cilantro. For a little tang, a squeeze of lemon, lime or even ginger will do.